Best Dishes To Eat When Drunk Or Hungover

Jade

Veteran
Local time
11:52 AM
Whenever I'm drunk or hungover, I like eating starchy meals such as rice dishes or huge helpings of potatoes and meat. Another favorite of mine is ramen or any other type of noodle soup dish, especially when it's the morning after and I'm experiencing a hangover. I don't really know if it's effective in curing the hangover but it's at least comfortable and it makes me forget abut the headache throughout the course of the meal. Afterwards, however, is another story.

What do you guys like to cook or eat when drunk or hungover? Does it help with the condition or does it just comfort you?

I don't get drunk any more. I USED to several years ago, but not now, mainly for health reasons.

Besides, alcohol & meds are not a good idea.

I just like to get a buzz. Once that happens, I'm good!!

When I am hungover I can't even so much as look at food. I tend to stick with water, Gatorade and ice cold Coke, sometimes I will have a popsicle if I'm desperate. Friends of mine swear by ramen or anything greasy. They tell me they will get a greasy burger and fries or a large bacon egg and cheese sandwich when they're hungover but I don't know how they do it.

Back in my younger days when I drank, I would always have crackers on hand. Crackers by themselves always helped my stomach. Other then crackers, food was a no go.

You need looooooooooooooooooots of water when you're hung over because the alcohol takes it out of you....so I would assume you'd go for anything with water ha ha.

Science says bacon sandwiches are the best.

I prefer to just hydrate, though. Gatorade. Flat ginger ale. Water, of course, lots of cold water.

That's really interesting! I think I will have to try it :D.

Yeah, the worst part of getting drunk is the hangover. An orange-based soda or carbonated drink works well for me. In the morning following heavy drinking session, I would finish a 200 ml bottle of orange soda and I would feel better. A hot bowl of spicy noodle dish also works for me.

To avoid getting too drunk, it takes some amount of control form our part. We must know when to stop taking in alcohol and start drinking water to rehydrate the body. This is very important especially when we are expecting to go home after drinking party. Water really brings down the intoxication.

It depends on how late into the wee hours I am getting hammered. If I really tied one on the night before and stayed up past 2am, then I am typically craving breakfast faire by the time I nap a bit and my buzz wears down. Honestly, a couple of Egg Ham & Cheese McMuffins from McDonalds and an Orange Juice will usually hit the spot. Otherwise I am craving the nearest greasy spoon diner for a huge plate of home fries, along with some fried eggs and toast.

There used to be an "after hours" bar/restaurant near me that would (illegally) stay open until 5:30am serving liquor and food well past last call. We used to love going there because it was such a seedy crowd and it was fun to people watch all the drunks and drug addicts interacting with each other, while we were chowing down on food. I would normally get their gyros along with a side of fried clam strips, which would always hit the spot.

If I have a hangover I don't generally feel like eating. However, it would have to be a bacon barmcake for me every time if I felt capable of eating, served with a cup of tea. Drinking lots of water is what you should really do though, to cleanse your system and rehydrate yourself.

Back
Top Bottom