Best Gin & Tonic

Dados1950

Über Member
Local time
12:44 AM
Saw an article on the internet on how to make the best gin and tonic.

It paired various gins with various brands of tonic.

Surprising winner.......pair inexpensive gin ( Gordon's was suggested) with a high quality tonic...."Fever Tree".

Pricey...a little hard to find... but my wife, friends and I really tasted the difference.

If you're a gin & tonic fan...worth a try....:cheers::cheers::cheers:

AAFEVERTREE3117-02-tonicas-fever-tree.jpg

Dados 1950,

Fever Tree is endorsed by Ferràn Adrià and it is an exemplary Spanish tonic ..
www.fevertree.es (It is made in Spain) .. This is why it is pricey where you are located.

My 2 favorite gins are: Mare ( made in Menorca, Spain in the Balearic Islands ) and Maverick Blue ( made in Alicante, Spain and it is 100% Ecological / Bio / Organic ) .. I use a Blue Tonic made by Maverick for the Maverick and either Fever Tree or Nordic Blue for the Mare Gin ..

Both are superior gins of grand quality ..

Last edited:
Yes, Fever Tree is a good thing. I have a friend who buys this for G&T. Its a bit pricey, but worth it. Although Gordon's is a relatively inexpensive gin it is a good one. It won a blind gin tasting on a recent TV show here.

Last edited:
Yes, Fever Tree is a good thing. I have a friend who buys this for G&T. Its a bit pricey, but worth it. Although Gordon's is a relatively inexpensive gin it is a good one. It won a blind gin tasting on a recent TV show here.

@morning glory

Interesting that Gordon´s won at a blind tasting .. It is well priced here too ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Gin is going through a revival at the moment in the UK. Deregulation of the industry has led to lots of small, craft producers starting up. There is one in a nearby village.

The Bombay Sapphire Distillery in Hampshire is a stunning example. I plan to visit sometime:

The Bombay Sapphire Distillery at Laverstoke Mill in Hampshire opened to the public on 1st October 2014. It has been completely renovated from a derelict mill into a state of the art premium gin distillery and visitor experience, encompassing the highest standards in design, functionality and sustainability.
Visitors have the chance to uncover the unique Vapour Infusion process that gives Bombay Sapphire gin such a bright, fresh flavour in the Dakin Still House.
Guests can also explore the ten botanicals nurtured in partnership with Kew Gardens Innovation Unit in the stunning glasshouses designed by Heatherwick Studio. You can also discover the aromas and unique flavour profile of each of the exotic botanicals in the Botanical Dry Room.
source:http://www.theginguild.com/ginopedia/gin-distilleries/bombay-sapphire-distillery

bombay-sapphire-distillery_src_1.jpg

HS_Bombay_Sapphire_HuftonCrow_002.jpg

Gin you say!

I'm not a fan of Gordon's - it gives me a headache.
FeverTree Tonic however I love. Mediterranean Tonic is the one that uses the least quinine - so if it's the tonic putting you off you should give it a try.

Off to a Gin Festival tomorrow with him indoors. Looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom