BEST inexpensive wine.

clairebeautiful

Veteran
Local time
12:43 PM
Going to a friend's for Thanksgiving in two days. Have been asked to bring wine.

Not much of a wine drinker here. What are some brands that won't scream "cheap" or "non-wine-drinker" but won't break the bank either?

I don't know if you are in the UK or not, but if you are I think Blossom Hill wine is always good, whichever bottle you choose. And they are cheap, priced at around £5-£9 a bottle. I really recommend them :)

It really depends where you are from but seeing as you are talking about Thanksgiving that should be the USA.
If there are any special wine stores in your area I'm sure they can help. If not then just make sure that it's from a good wine country (France, Italy, Chile etc.) and don't take the cheapest one.

It really depends where you are from but seeing as you are talking about Thanksgiving that should be the USA.
If there are any special wine stores in your area I'm sure they can help. If not then just make sure that it's from a good wine country (France, Italy, Chile etc.) and don't take the cheapest one.

Ahh, well spotted with the 'thanksgiving' reference there, can't believe I didn't notice that. Do they sell Blossom Hill in America? Because if they do I would recommend you trying out a bottle or two :P It really is very tasty.

One day left until Thanksgiving.

Even if you don't buy online because wine wouldn't be on time at your door, I suggest to do an online research for "good quality cheap wine" and compare some reviews and pricing to make a choice from your local store.

Prices offline may vary slightly though unless a local store is also online offering the same prices. Add to your query the city you are in for local results.

I absolutely love wine! I have been buying a lot of inexpensive bottles lately just to see if I could come across a decent one for a "cheap" price. I'm mostly referring to red wine here. 'Yellowtail" is okay for most inexpensive. Price ranging from $7-$11 bucks. Try " Louis Martini" at about $17 bucks...now there's a decent wine.

Going to a friend's for Thanksgiving in two days. Have been asked to bring wine.

Not much of a wine drinker here. What are some brands that won't scream "cheap" or "non-wine-drinker" but won't break the bank either?

Some brands that I drink that are "cheap" but have great taste are: Barefoot, Sutter Home, Yellowtail, and a couple of others. Those are my top 3 and you can almost always find a small bottle between $7-$10. The most I've paid for a bottle of wine was around $30 and the taste wasn't nearly as good as my Top 3.

The most I've paid for a bottle of wine was around $30 and the taste wasn't nearly as good as my Top 3.

I'm not a huge fan of Yellow Tail… but you are right. It doesn't really matter the price when it comes to a bottle of wine I just like. I actually love Chateau St. Michelle (from my home state of Washington) and it usually runs about $10 a bottle. I went with that.

I'm not a huge fan of Yellow Tail… but you are right. It doesn't really matter the price when it comes to a bottle of wine I just like. I actually love Chateau St. Michelle (from my home state of Washington) and it usually runs about $10 a bottle. I went with that.

Yeah I listed Yellow Tail last because that's my last resort when it comes to my Top 3 CHEAP wines. I don't drink it often.

A bit late for Thanksgiving - and Christmas and New Year come to that! However, one wine label to keep in mind is Torres, from Spain. It's widely available all over the world, and wines like Vina Sol (white) and Sangre de Torro (red) are excellent quality, without being too expensive. Here, they're around 5 Euro, around £8 in the UK, and I believe about $11 in the USA. Even wine experts say that the Torres lower priced wines are excellent quality for the price.

I don't know if you guys get these wines overseas, I think most vineyards in SA export, anycase, I nice and cheap drinking wine is the Four Cousins Natural Sweet Red, it's nice and sweet but not overpowering.

Back
Top Bottom