Best recipes for these types of pasta lasagna and ramen

pinkcherrychef

Local time
8:32 PM
Lasagna pasta and ramen two completely different pasta's I know but I thought I would save some space on here to just ask about both on this post. When it comes to making pasta I know the main ingredients for both is water,salt, and flour. I heard in order to make the best ramen it requires you to soak it in some baking soda after kneading for 10 mins. As for lasagna I don't think there is a special way to make it just some things you can add to make it taste better I think.

The reason a asked for the best recipe for lasagna pasta is because it's one of my favorite foods and I intend to make it this weekend all from scratch. In order to do that I want the best lasagna pasta recipe so what better place to ask than here. So what do you guys suggest on me adding to the ingredients and what is the best way to prepare it?

Okay now ramen the tricky one. It is absolutely my most favorite pasta in the world. I've looked all over the internet for the best recipe but I can't seem to find the one that just taste perfect. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on how to prepare it or and ingredients I should add to make it taste perfect?

To clarify: you are asking for recipes for making the lasagne pasta dough - not for using it? Similarly for ramen?

Do you have a pasta rolling machine?

Pasta dough should be made from good flour "tipo 00" and eggs.

That's it.

I use whole eggs, some people use a couple of extra yolks for a richer colour & taste.

The ratio is 100 grams of flour to one egg.

There are lots of videos on the process but for simplicity I love Jamie Oliver.

Knead it until there are no white flecks when you stretch it. Then wrap in plastic and rest in the fridge for half an hour before rolling it.

Do not use plain flour or cake flour. You need durum wheat flour which is designated "00".

Ramen noodles are a bit more complex, I've never attempted them, most due to the use of lye. No idea where to get it - fresh & dried noodles are easy to source.

Lye is added along with egg, water & wheat flour. I'm pretty sure the lye is added to the water before mixing with the other ingredients.

As to the stock. I love a good sticky pork broth for ramen.

@Frizz1974 summed up most of what I was going to say about making pasta. My typical pasta dough is as follows:

4 large eggs, beaten
2 cups 00 flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt

The olive oil makes it a lot easier to work the dough. And, I like having salt in the pasta because it means I have the flavor I want in every bite. The means that there's no need to salt the water. Many say that the dough must be kneaded by hand, but I have't seen any loss of quality when I use dough hooks in a mixing bowl.

I have at times put a small amount of semolina (1/4 cup) to offset an equal amount of the flour if I want a sturdier dough, such as when I make ravioli. I've found that this doesn't hurt the final texture.

Ramen noodles are a bit more complex, I've never attempted them, most due to the use of lye. No idea where to get it - fresh & dried noodles are easy to source.

Lye is added along with egg, water & wheat flour. I'm pretty sure the lye is added to the water before mixing with the other ingredients.

As to the stock. I love a good sticky pork broth for ramen.
Lye as in the chemical Lye!!!!:eek:the dried store instant ones cause cancer that's why I want to make my own

To clarify: you are asking for recipes for making the lasagne pasta dough - not for using it? Similarly for ramen?

Do you have a pasta rolling machine?
yes I'm asking for recipes to make the pasta dough and no I sadly do not have a machine

Last edited by a moderator:
@Frizz1974 summed up most of what I was going to say about making pasta. My typical pasta dough is as follows:

4 large eggs, beaten
2 cups 00 flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt

The olive oil makes it a lot easier to work the dough. And, I like having salt in the pasta because it means I have the flavor I want in every bite. The means that there's no need to salt the water. Many say that the dough must be kneaded by hand, but I have't seen any loss of quality when I use dough hooks in a mixing bowl.

I have at times put a small amount of semolina (1/4 cup) to offset an equal amount of the flour if I want a sturdier dough, such as when I make ravioli. I've found that this doesn't hurt the final texture.
Thanks for the recipe and the advice.Unfortunately I don't have a mixer. As far as machines go I have a blender,and a spice grinder that's about it. It's hard to get appliances in Egypt these days.

Back
Top Bottom