Best way to cook lamb?

earthmama1

Veteran
Local time
6:03 PM
I have found cooking lamb on my George Forman grill is amazing. Even without adding any spices. However I am sure their has to be someone out their who has found a way of cooking lamb they absolutly love!

I like lamb best when it has been cooked for a long time. I often make dishes in the slow cooker and just brown off the lamb first. If I make a roast lamb joint I put it into the oven with water in the roasting tin and cook on a medium heat for two to three hours (depending on weight of meat) covered in aluminium foil. Then I take off the foil and cook for another half an hour on a higher heat to brown the outside of the meat. If I make a curry I brown off the lamb, remove from the pan, make the sauce and then put the lamb back in. Then I put the lid on the pan and simmer for at least an hour so that the lamb is falling apart.

Lamb is one of those meats in particular that has plenty of flavor on it's own, and it doesn't need to be doctored up with all sorts of spices and herbs like chicken does, or a bland piece of pork or beef. In fact, I hate it when restaurants put too much stuff on their lamb. One restaurant I ordered it at put panko breading on the rack of lamb - I mean, why would you take a cut of meat like that and more or less turn it into a country fried steak?

Just some salt, pepper, garlic and parsley is all I use when I cook it. For lamb chops I will either grill them or fry them in a pan with olive oil. If I have the time and the budget I love a slow roasted leg of lamb. It's important for it to develop a dark crust on the outside though because it adds a ton of flavor to it.

Back
Top Bottom