Better than tomatoes.

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
10:28 PM
I did a B.L.T. yesterday and decided I was bored with regular tomatoes, so I made a tomato jam instead. I am NEVER, EVER using regular tomatoes for B.L.T.'s again. I can't even describe just how delicious this tomato jam was. It was literally perfect.
20220706_220459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[Mod comment: created recipe and linked to it here (TR)]

Recipe - Tomato Jam

I make and eat BLTs quite regularly (and also BLMs). However, the quantity of sugar in the jam would put me off. I would have no problem with the rest of the ingredients but with the sugar, it would be too sweet for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I make and eat BLTs quite regularly (and also BLMs). However, the quantity of sugar in the jam would put me off. I would have no problem with the rest of the ingredients but with the sugar, it would be too sweet for me.
I thought so too, but the condensed acidity of the tomatoes and help from the ACV still works very well with cutting through the fat of the bacon on the B.L.T. By all means, lower the amount of sugar and see if it works. Mine had the perfect balance of slight sweetness, acidity and heat, it was a wonderful change to the sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom