Big Oven

janetsjunk1972

Veteran
Local time
12:14 PM
Has anyone ever tried the website Big Oven? My husband had never cooked before, well other than when he had his first apartment & would cook nothing but Ramen noodles, when he stumbled upon this website a few years ago. It inspired him to create easy, homestyle dinners for his family when his work schedule changed and he was home early. He would do the grocery shopping and purchase for a couple recipes at a time. The website has recipes from real people and range from easy to hard, quick to fix to all day slow cooking. And there's recipes for just about any ingredient you can think of. What we like to do is click on the Use Up Leftovers button, you can enter up to 3 ingredients to use and it will search for recipes that pertain to that. There's also an app for your phone and tablet. Wonderful site...have you tried it? What's your favorite recipe from it? We found a recipe for Creamy Baked Chicken Breasts which my son absolutely loves as well.

I never visited the website until you mentioned it here. I just took a quick look and it's quite interesting. I'll delve into it a later but I see it's the kind of site that offers something for everyone old or new to the kitchen. What I especially like is that it seems to explain the basics which is not true of a lot of sites. I have found that with some site you have to know your way around the kitchen.

I love finding recipes online from various websites and blogs. I haven't been to Big oven, but I will definitely check it out. My favorite part is being able to read real-life recipes and seeing the comments from users who have tried out those recipes. Thanks for another suggestion. I'm going to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom