Big Samsung & LG TV Sale!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
10:47 AM
BJ's is having a monster sale on most of their Samsung TV's this month from November 23rd to the 26th, featuring instant rebates on some of them!! Got the flyer in the mail today. I'm going out to rack up on one of them this weekend!!

Now is the time to clean up & get the big screen TV that you've always wanted! I may get one! I'm going to look & there are two possibilities for me. if one of them catches my eye, I will get it, provided that it has what I'm looking for. Some LG TV's are on sale also, but they are more expensive. I may be coming home with a new big screen TV & stand this weekend!!

But hurry!! Sale only lasts a few days! :wink:

Last edited:
I will never buy Samsung products ever again. While all of their stuff, from refrigerators to televisions to clothes washers and dryers, are feature rich, the electronic components are crap.

I've had to repair both of my Samung TVs several times; a 40" and a 45" - 120 Hz 1080i LED TVs. Both had power supply. and logic board problems. The power supllies were just bad designs (capacitors and resistors were too small and cheap quality), and a proprietary logic board had to be completely replaced. Not repairable.The board burned up before the inboard picofuse blew. More bad circuit design.

Plus, in just the 3 years we've lived in this house, I've had to replace several Samsung devices. The guy who previously owned the house apparently loved Samsung.

A $2500 Samsung refrigerator died (after repairing the condensor, then replacing logic board - again, because cheap components burned out), and then the clothes washer went. The Samsung dryer still works, although some of the specialty settings no longer work.

The scary part is that none of them were more than 6 or 7 years old.

Just my 2 cents, but beware of Samsung unless to know how to use a soldering iron, oscilloscope, multimeter, and have good access to spare electronic components.

I've heard good things about LG, but there isn't that long of a history on them.

I stick with Sonys as far as audio/video goes, and either Sony or Canon for cameras.

Last edited:
I will never buy Samsung products ever again. While all of their stuff, from refrigerators to televisions to clothes washers and dryers, are feature rich, the electronic components are crap.

I've had to repair both of my Samung TVs several times; a 40" and a 45" - 120 Hz 1080i LED TVs. Both had power supply. and logic board problems. The power supllies were just bad designs (capacitors and resistors were too small and cheap quality), and a proprietary logic board had to be completely replaced. Not repairable.The board burned up before the inboard picofuse blew. More bad circuit design.

Plus, in just the 3 years we've lived in this house, I've had to replace several Samsung devices. The guy who previously owned the house apparently loved Samsung.

A $2500 Samsung refrigerator died (after repairing the condensor, then replacing logic board - again, because cheap components burned out), and then the clothes washer went. The Samsung dryer still works, although some of the specialty settings no longer work.

The scary part is that none of them were more than 6 or 7 years old.

Just my 2 cents, but beware of Samsung unless to know how to use a soldering iron, oscilloscope, multimeter, and have good access to spare electronic components.

I've heard good things about LG, but there isn't that long of a history on them.

I stick with Sonys as far as audio/video goes, and either Sony or Canon for cameras.

I have a 26-inch Sony in the living room.

A friend of mine has a Samsung. He's had it for a few years now, and it still works superbly. That's a 65=inch mounted on the wall. He has a smaller LG in the kitchen, also mounted on the wall. It, too, works good. He has not had any trouble with either of them. :wink:

LG TV..jpg

Didn't get the Samsung model that I wanted at first because it does not feature Blue Tooth.
But I DID buy this big monster 55" LG model today that has it!! And a whole lot of extras that will come in handy as I go along. The cost of the unit was $399 with $50 off, making the total cost $349!! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom