Birthday cake help for choclolate lover

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
9:29 PM
My daugher's birthday is in a couple of weeks and I am looking to make her a super fudgy chocolate cake as this is what she asked for. I would like to make something gourmet and very chocolately for her. Do any of you have any recipes you would be willing to share, or could point me in the right direction? I do not want a run of the mill chocolate cake, I want it to be fantastic.

About this recipe:
A fantastically moist chocolate fudge cake with an easy-to-make chocolate icing that gets poured over the cake like ganache. The buttermilk ensures that this chocolate cake has loads of flavour and is incredibly moist.
sfcc.jpg

Ingredients
225ml buttermilk
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
400g caster sugar
2 eggs
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
120ml vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
225ml boiling water
250g plain flour

Chocolate fudge icing
200g caster sugar
60g unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons milk
50g butter

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 20x30cm tin. In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside in a warm place.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 400g sugar, eggs, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, oil and 2 teaspoons vanilla until blended. Stir in the boiling water, then gradually beat in the flour. Stir in the buttermilk mixture.
  3. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
  4. To make the Chocolate Fudge Icing: In a saucepan, combine 200g sugar, 60g cocoa powder, milk, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Bring to the boil, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Using an electric mixer, beat icing for 3 minutes, or until it thickens to spreading consistency. Pour over completely cooled cake.
Serves: 12
Prep: 30min › Cook: 30min › Ready in: 1hr

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/tag-3107/fudge-cake-recipes.aspx

That is the perfect cake and I love all of the heart candies in top. With the buttermilk and the liquid frosting, I bet this cake would practically melt in your mouth. I am bookmarking this one and it might be THE CAKE for her birthday.

Back
Top Bottom