Black Widow Spiders in your grapes?

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
5:05 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
So how do you fancy some poisonous spiders in your grapes?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-32994983

A shopper has found a nest of black widow spiders inside a bunch of grapes from a Warwickshire supermarket.

The man, who purchased the fruit in Asda, Leamington Spa, on Tuesday, alerted police to the venomous find at around 19:00 BST.

The police contacted a wildlife sanctuary to rescue the spiders, as they had found a number of baby spiders "crawling around" the grapes.

Asda said it had launched an investigation.

Geoff Grewcock, from the Nuneaton and Warwickshire Wildlife sanctuary, said: "The chap had picked up some grapes in Asda and he was about to eat one when he noticed something crawling in them.

"He shoved the whole punnet in a wheelie bin and called the police, who contacted us.

"When we got there, the man was very frightened....

Why do you say attempted theft? The article said he purchased the grapes. Either way, I don't know what I would do in that situation, besides pass out! Usually my first instinct would be to call the store, but given the situation, I can't logically say what I would do. I am just glad he saw the movement before he actually popped the grape into his mouth!

Back
Top Bottom