Recipe Blackberry Cheesecake Bars

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
5:12 PM
I stumbled across this recipe the other day, and it sounds really delicious. I like baking that involves fruit, especially in the Summer. This is unusual in that it involves using sugar cookie dough for the base, which sounds as if it would be very tasty. I've never used that, although I guess it's similar to using a shortbread or graham cracker crust, but slightly less involved, since this is the refrigerated roll of already prepared dough.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/blackberry-cheesecake-bars?trkid=ZFB715

There are a lot of blackberries in the area that I live, usually during September. I take my children blackberry picking and we usually make some jam and a blackberry and apple crumble. This sounds like a really good alternative recipe that we could try as we are always looking for some new things to make.

I saved this recipe so I can give it a try. I love cheesecake and blackberrries, and they should taste wonderful combined. The other day I was inspecting the contents of my freezer and found that I have a couple of bags of blackberries to use up from what I picked last year. The picture that went with this recipe looks as though it probably needs fresh blackberries, but I can actually go out and pick those right now.

I saved this recipe so I can give it a try. I love cheesecake and blackberrries, and they should taste wonderful combined. The other day I was inspecting the contents of my freezer and found that I have a couple of bags of blackberries to use up from what I picked last year. The picture that went with this recipe looks as though it probably needs fresh blackberries, but I can actually go out and pick those right now.

Yum, I need to remember to bring bags with me next time I go walking. The berries should be about ripe on the trails. If not, it shouldn't be long. I would love to plant some here at the house, so I'll have to look into doing that, because it would be great to walk out back and pick some for my recipes.

Back
Top Bottom