Blood Oranges

jennyb

Über Member
Local time
10:27 AM
Blood oranges are in season at the moment and I bought some on a whim from Waitrose with no particular plan. I know we can just eat them as they are but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for how to use them.

Blood oranges are beautiful fruits. I too have bought some and I'm planning to use them in a chicken bake with dates. I'm thinking sweet, sour... but I haven't quite worked out the recipe!

Blood oranges are delicious.
I like to segment them and mix with grapefruit segments for breakfast or with other fresh fruits as a fruit salad for a healthy dessert.

Blood oranges are delicious.
I like to segment them and mix with grapefruit segments for breakfast or with other fresh fruits as a fruit salad for a healthy dessert.
I like fruit at breakfast as well. I have six blood oranges so I'm planning to use half for sweet recipes and the other half for experimenting with savoury. Perhaps a salad would be good.

Sorry, I just do not like blood oranges. Never have done. Whether it's the name, the colour, or the taste, I do not know.
They are not that much different from ordinary oranges are they? Well perhaps they are a little bit less sweet.

Back
Top Bottom