Bloody Mary - how do you like it?

clairebeautiful

Veteran
Local time
5:03 PM
I've been on a bit of a bloody mary kick lately. (Probably because once I've popped open the can of tomato juice, I feel like I have to use it up within the week.)

I've been experimenting with some different twists to the traditional bloody mary.

SO it got me thinking. How do you like yours?

The twist I like is adding clamato juice instead of pure tomato juice.

Also I like to use gin rather than vodka. Gin adds that special flavor that juniper berries provide to this beverage and with tomato and clamato is really tasty.

I add crushed red chili flakes for the extra kick! Also gin instead of vodka as mentioned by MyDigitalpoint is an excellent replacement as well.

I've been on a bit of a bloody mary kick lately. (Probably because once I've popped open the can of tomato juice, I feel like I have to use it up within the week.)

I've been experimenting with some different twists to the traditional bloody mary.

SO it got me thinking. How do you like yours?

Bloody Mary's are one of my favorite drinks. I'm from the south so I always like mine extra spicy with more than a few celery sticks. However, I've learned that not all bartenders can make a good one. It's best you learn how to do it yourself :)

One of the best shooters I ever had, if you like oysters was an extremely spicy Bloody Mary shooter that a raw oyster in it! I tried it once at a restaurant in Australia, it was amazing! The spiciness of the Bloody Mary actually complimented the briny, salty taste of the oyster.

I never thought I'd ever have a Bloody Mary and an oyster together in a glass but it turned out all right.

I want the full monty when I get a Bloody Mary.

Vodka. Tomato juice (although I'd honestly rather use V8). Hot sauce- plenty of it. Horseradish- also more than your typical guy wants. Worcestershire sauce. Celery salt. Black pepper. Salt, if the juice is not sufficiently salty in and of itself. No less than two veggies; I favor a green olive and a pepperoncini. I'm fine with more veggies, too; make it a soup!

Jalapeno vodka and lots of tobasco! As long as it's spicy, I will probably love it! :)

Back
Top Bottom