Recipe Boiled 'scrambled' eggs

Herbie

Veteran
Local time
3:13 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....08-29/you-are-making-scrambled-eggs-all-wrong

After eating delicious scrambled eggs for breakfast at a posh hotel in Wales I started researching how to improve my rather poor morning treat. I came across this technique. If you don't like runny scrambled egg then i recommend you try this really easy method that leaves no messy pan. It works really well to add to a breakfast sandwich.

Just whip an egg or two. Bring water to simmer. Stir to make a whirlpool then pour in egg. Leave for a minute (make sure the water doesn't boil or it breaks up the egg) and scoop out (I use a Chinese strainer which works brilliantly, but a slotted spoon would do the trick). Add salt and pepper and a splodge of butter/dairy-free spread.

I don't really want to say what I think about this. Oh, OK, I will. :laugh: For me, there is only one way for scrambled eggs to be: soft golden curds which fall effortlessly onto the plate into a creamy pile. True scrambled eggs require slow cooking over a low heat with a generous amount of butter. A good lower calorie substitute can be made in the microwave with a little milk added to the eggs.

However, I can see that if you really want to put scrambled eggs into a sandwich then this recipe might be the way to go. But I don't think it is really and truly scrambled eggs...

Let the debate begin!

I totally agree. Not really a scrambled egg but a quick and easy breakfast. Also, as I can't eat dairy I find my scrambled eggs a disappointment when I cook them.

I suppose this way is more like a poached egg with out the runny yolk.

Last edited:
What you're describing is in a pool of water but it's not covered, and not scrambled.
Yet not poached, nor basted. Its something in between. And since i dont
consider it to be scrambled I suggest you name it before someone else does. :D

I've never really been a fan of scrambled eggs (although I would not leave them if they were on the plate). As some of you have noticed, I generally prefer my yolk runny (notwithstanding that I experiment with hard boiled eggs in some curries and snacks, e.g.).

egg mayonaise sarnie s.jpg

I totally agree. Not really a scrambled egg but a quick and easy breakfast. Also, as I can't eat dairy I find my scrambled eggs a disappointment when I cook them.

I suppose this way is more like a poached egg with out the runny yolk.

I add almond milk to them for a low calorie (dairy free) alternative. If you buy the unsweetened almond milk it is a fraction of the calories in milk. Just a splash added to two eggs will produce a creamy scramble. And if you do it in a microwave then no saucepan to clean...

I add almond milk to them for a low calorie (dairy free) alternative. If you buy the unsweetened almond milk it is a fraction of the calories in milk. Just a splash added to two eggs will produce a creamy scramble. And if you do it in a microwave then no saucepan to clean...

I'll try this - thank you for the advice. I have unsweetened almond milk in the house. Tomorrow's breakfast sorted :)

I'll try this - thank you for the advice. I have unsweetened almond milk in the house. Tomorrow's breakfast sorted :)

If you do them in the microwave you have to watch them like a hawk. I cook them for about 5 seconds then check every few seconds, stirring then removing them when not quite cooked. They continue cooking after taking out. I need to time it properly next time I cook them as I just do it by eye.

Back
Top Bottom