Bone in Tomahawk Ribeye

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
11:24 PM
Wish me luck. First time coming one of these.

Looks great. Did you marinade and/or season it? It usually doesn't need it. What are you having with it?

ETA: Duh! I can see the seasoning. Is it kosher salt and pepper?

3 lb Bone In Tomahawk Ribeye

I took the steak out of the fridge when I lit the coals (about 40 minutes before it hit the grill). I seasoned it with oil, kosher salt and cracked peppercorn.

Once the coals were white hot I added placed the steak as far away from the coals as possible. Approx 45 minutes later the steak reached an internal temp of 100 I removed it from the grill and wrapped it in foil and let it rest for 12 minutes. Then I seared it on all sides.

I sliced it and served it up. My boy and his GF both said it was the best steak that I ever cooked. It was a perfect medium rare.

We served it with a roasted beet and goat cheese salad, sauteed mushrooms and corn on the cob.

Less I forget, lots of bourbon

3 lb Bone In Tomahawk Ribeye

I took the steak out of the fridge when I lit the coals (about 40 minutes before it hit the grill). I seasoned it with oil, kosher salt and cracked peppercorn.

Once the coals were white hot I added placed the steak as far away from the coals as possible. Approx 45 minutes later the steak reached an internal temp of 100 I removed it from the grill and wrapped it in foil and let it rest for 12 minutes. Then I seared it on all sides.

I sliced it and served it up. My boy and his GF both said it was the best steak that I ever cooked. It was a perfect medium rare.

We served it with a roasted beet and goat cheese salad, sauteed mushrooms and corn on the cob.

Less I forget, lots of bourbon

How many did that feed please? I like your dress sense.

Russ

I cook ribeyes on a regular basis (my favorite steak), but haven't done a big bone-in ribeye in a few years. I sous vide and sear my steaks, which is similar to the reverse sear you did. Salt and black pepper are all the seasoning you need on a good slab of steak.

I give you my Texan Stamp of Approval. :okay: :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom