Bong Appetite

CraigC

Guru
Local time
2:49 AM
Has anyone else seen this show? They have guest cooks that must use some form(s) of cannabis in what they cook. I mentioned this in another thread. Wow, things have changed since the 70's with the various options.

Has anyone else seen this show? They have guest cooks that must use some form(s) of cannabis in what they cook. I mentioned this in another thread. Wow, things have changed since the 70's with the various options.

Does cannabis have a taste when used in food?

Years ago I took out a book on Middle Eastern cookery from the library; I can't remember the title

But I do remember that one short section that was prefaced -
Warning! if you prepare these two recipes in most western countries you will find yourself outside the law, but they are included for the sake of completeness

One was for some sort of small cake or cookie; I can't remember what the other one was...................

Last edited:
Does cannabis have a taste when used in food?

According to the judges (3regulars and 1 guest) the many different varieties (including powders and liquids) have distinct, recognizable flavors. One episode had 3 cooks of Korean background making Korean style food. One woman made a pot sticker that the judges said eating one of them would really get you high. They were pretty big.

I posted a clip from the show, or one like it, here some time ago. It was an elderly woman cooking with canabis for her daughter with epilepsy, I believe. It wasn't a contest, though.

CD

I posted a clip from the show, or one like it, here some time ago. It was an elderly woman cooking with canabis for her daughter with epilepsy, I believe. It wasn't a contest, though.

CD
Hmmm,I missed that vid. Btw I think I've seen that programme on the food channel, but not lately. I'll keep an eye out. I smoked it a lot in my early teens. Well every Friday and Saturday nights.

Russ

Hmmm,I missed that vid. Btw I think I've seen that programme on the food channel, but not lately. I'll keep an eye out. I smoked it a lot in my early teens. Well every Friday and Saturday nights.

Russ

Not likely to be carried by that channel.

Not likely to be carried by that channel.

Really?? I get about 2 or three that have cooking shows on them. Pretty certain I've seen that programme, I would have thought wtf? And ignored it. We get that Canadian cook with Tatts all over him with a foul mouth so I don't think it has bars blocking ages?

Russ

I used to cook with it back in the day. I had so much at times it needed to be used up and I would cook up a batch of brownies and throw them in the freezer for hard times. Once my roomies mom walked in unannounced and helped herself to one off a plate cooling on the counter. Much hilarity ensued. Yeah we could taste but didn't care.

Back
Top Bottom