Borage Herb

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
7:34 AM
Borage is an edible herb which I have never heard of being used in cooking. It can be used in cooking, particularly with vegetables, especially cucumber. It is also often used in various beverages.

full.jpg

It also has some significant medicinal properties.

Borage wiki

Borage is an edible herb which I have never heard of being used in cooking. It can be used in cooking, particularly with vegetables, especially cucumber. It is also often used in various beverages.

View attachment 57623

It also has some significant medicinal properties.

Borage wiki

It’s very used over here also to make frittata and soups. However, I have to admit that I’ve never tried it... not yet, at least

Speaking of medical benefits of herbs, I was wondering if you have tried applying herbs to your skin/legs? Calendula, aloe vera, agave...and probably several more...many of them could be ok for a simple diy cream or lotion...like in the Robin Hood days:D
Edible flowers are another interesting topic, definitely...

Speaking of medical benefits of herbs, I was wondering if you have tried applying herbs to your skin/legs? Calendula, aloe vera, agave...and probably several more...many of them could be ok for a simple diy cream or lotion...like in the Robin Hood days:D
Edible flowers are another interesting topic, definitely...

I keep aloe vera gels in the medicine cabinet at all times. It is GREAT for sunburns, as well as itchy skin, and other skin irritations. We had aloe plants in the yard in Port Arthur (100 miles East of Houston). You could cut off a piece, and squeeze the gel out of it. I don't know if I could grow it here -- maybe as a potted plant.

CD

Back
Top Bottom