Bought New Cooker

Mewmew

Local time
11:31 PM
I thought I'd post pictures of my old cooker and the new one. The white one was a Vantage by New World, single grill and single oven, and was about 20 years old, and the new one is a graphite Hotpoint HUG61G, single grill and double oven (grill inside top oven).

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd post pictures of my old cooker and the new one.

I'm seriously impressed by how super clean the hob on your old cooker was - you should see mine! One problem with stainless steel hobs is that they get easily scratched if you clean them with a scourer - even the relatively gentle 'scourer side' of a washing up sponge. I really need a new cooker & hob and I'm seriously considering getting a white hob.

medtran49 - did you mention getting a new cooker too or did I imagine it?

Nice! My previous cooker was a double oven, and when I replaced it a couple of years ago, I (rare for me) decided to save a few bucks by getting the single-oven option.

Regretted it almost immediately. Next one will be back to the double oven configuration, or maybe our next residence will have built-in double ovens, who knows?

Enjoy your new cooker.

We talked about getting a double oven, but we've got a good sized toaster/countertop oven, plus the fact that we like having the extra storage space with the bottom drawer. The range we have now, the bottom drawer is actually a warming oven, but it's never been used for that, just storage.

I tried to talk Craig into redoing some cabinets so we could get a wall oven now and save up for an induction cooktop, but he wouldn't go for it. :headshake:

The new stove came yesterday and we tried it out last night. So far, good. It has all electronic controls, no knobs. Can't really see the stove top, but there are 5 burners in total, two 6 inch, one 6/9 inch power/quick boil burner, a 6/9/12 inch burner and a warming burner. The oven is a true convection with a quick steam clean cycle and a self-clean cycle. Oven settings are regular bake and roast, convection bake and roast, broil, proofing and warming. It also has a hidden baking element.

Yes, the oven is bright blue.

The new stove came yesterday and we tried it out last night. So far, good. It has all electronic controls, no knobs. Can't really see the stove top, but there are 5 burners in total, two 6 inch, one 6/9 inch power/quick boil burner, a 6/9/12 inch burner and a warming burner. The oven is a true convection with a quick steam clean cycle and a self-clean cycle. Oven settings are regular bake and roast, convection bake and roast, broil, proofing and warming. It also has a hidden baking element.

View attachment 34980

View attachment 34981
Yes, the oven is bright blue.
Ooo! Oh, my..!

Ooh, I didn't even realize until I looked at the picture of the control panel, but it can talk to LG via my phone if there are problems they need to troubleshoot. Can't believe all the stuff appliances can do now.

I can do without knobs in the kitchen. Where I really need to have knobs is in my car. I can't drive and use a touchscreen at the same time, without risking a catastrophic wreck. I don't even have an automatic transmission (gearbox in Yurrip).

CD

Back
Top Bottom