Recipe Bread Machine Pizza Dough

Sherry

Veteran
Local time
5:03 PM
Of course you can easily make this dough by hand. Mix the ingredients, knead them a bit and let double, knead and let double again before shaping; but if you have a bread machine, by all means, allow it to do the main work for you.

3/4 cup warm water 1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice 2 1/4 cups bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon active dry yeast

The order in which ingredients go into your machine may differ by the directions, but I've had several machines over the years and always put the wet ingredients first. Then the flour followed by the milk powder, sugar, salt and yeast. Then set the machine on the "dough" cycle. Works for me every time.

When the cycle has finished, just remove the dough, punch it down and shape the way you like before covering with your choice of toppings.

I generally make a deep dish pizza in a nine by thirteen inch pan sprinkled with a little corn meal.

Oven temperature: There are arguments all over about how high to turn your oven for pizza, with some people saying you need to turn it as high as it will go, even set to "broil" at times, as a pizza needs to bake hot and fast in order to get that crisp, pizza parlour crust; but, personally, I find that about 450 degrees F works best for me, with the pizza being ready to come out in a around fifteen minutes. I peek at it after about twelve minutes and go from there as, sometimes, amounts of toppings can make a difference.

My pizza here is topped with homemade tomato sauce, a mix of mozzarella and parmesan cheese, ham, onions, green peppers and mushrooms.

IMG_20150103_131210_377.jpg

Back
Top Bottom