Breakfast sandwich time!

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
3:42 AM
This morning I woke up and was feeling motivated so I am making breakfast sandwiches. I basically toast English muffins and put a fried egg, some cooked ham, and American cheese in the middle. How do you make yours?

I like a bagel or a wrap depending what is in the house. I make mine with a fried egg or scrambled if that doesn't work out and a hash brown with some sliced vegetarian sausages with ketchup. I do make variations with veggie bacon rashers, but those are my favorites.

I make a sauce of mint and coriander leaves. Toast the bread. Apply butter on one slice n cheese spread on the other slice. Apply the homemade mint and coriander sauce. Top it with sliced tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce leaves.
It really tastes yum

There are a few that I like to make - sometimes as a sandwich and sometimes as a wrap. When I have some salami around, I like to cut it up and fry it over a medium heat, to render out the fat and crisp it up, then scramble some eggs into it and serve it on toasted Italian bread with some smoked provolone. When I am in the mood to splurge a little, I will buy some cured smoked salmon and make bagel sandwiches with it. I prefer the onion bagels for these, and I add cream cheese, and some slices of red onion along with the salmon. For wraps, lately I've been making spinach and feta scrambled egg wraps in flour tortillas.

I prefer an English muffin but I do sometimes use a cheese bagel, just gives that little bit extra. That's where the fancy stops though, I like my breakfast sandwich pretty simple I think. I fry up an egg with a bit of pepper then top that off with either ham, bacon or sometimes sausage and then with a slice of cheese. Some times I'll put a bit of mayonnaise on there and occasionally some strawberry jam. I know, I know, it's a little odd but I like the combination of sweet from the jam and savory from the egg and meat.

This is the closest category I could find for my new discovery. I had it for breakfast and it does involve bread but not quite a sandwich - more open topped (without the top slice...although you could use that too).

3 ingredients:
- good bread (I used sourdough) i.e. not the white fluffy rubbish,
- Mexican cheese (cheddar with chillies) and
- sun blush tomatoes.

I used my thumb to squashed the sun blush tomatoes into the bread (pulpy side down); this releases their oil too, so no need for butter. I topped it with slices of the mexican cheese et voila! :thumbsup:

Very simple but incredibly tasty, i.e. the concentrated tomato flavour merging into the hotness of the chilli, softened by the cheese. Lovely - try it!

Last edited:
Wow, brekkie sammiches are a big thing for me. Since I'm just hetting home from work around 9 AM, I tend to eat non-traditional breakfast foods.

I often eat tuna with mayo, onions, and celery on wholegrain breads, side of crisps.

0501170922_HDR.jpg

More pics to come.

Wow, brekkie sammiches are a big thing for me. Since I'm just hetting home from work around 9 AM, I tend to eat non-traditional breakfast foods.

I often eat tuna with mayo, onions, and celery on wholegrain breads, side of crisps.

View attachment 6944

More pics to come.
Do you buy your sandwich breakfast on the move or do you make it when you get home?

Another sandwich for breakfast for me this morning. Ham, raw onion, and spicy brown mustard on seedy/nutty wholegrain bread, with a side of some strange, geometric veggie crisps.

0517171023d_HDR.jpg

Breakfast banjo consists of slice of 'white' bread covered in tomato mushrooms bacon and sometimes even a little black pudding followed by another slice of bread then a fried egg and finally another slice of bread plus a large mug of fresh black coffee. Might not sound too healthy but it works ok for me [only on a Sunday though - not everyday :hungry:]

Back
Top Bottom