Breakfast with edible flowers

mjd

Veteran
Local time
7:52 PM
MJ Disclaimer: Morning Glory, I have no idea where this should be posted. Sorry to make more work for you and I know you don't like these kind of photos. Squint so you don't have to see them. ;-)

-----

Katja Meier is the person behind Breakfast with Flowers. She is a certified dietitian, trained teacher, hobby gardener and nutrition expert specialized in plant-based nutrition. She started her blog in 2016 to share her passion for healthy breakfast recipes and edible flowers.

unnamed.jpg

Login • Instagram

Looks like frosting to me. Kind of like the royal blue icing I made for DD's wedding cake before I added the edible metallic/mother of pearl sheen particles to it.

Looks like frosting to me. Kind of like the royal blue icing I made for DD's wedding cake before I added the edible metallic/mother of pearl sheen particles to it.

That's what I thought! Lovely on a wedding cake but not 'healthy' and presumably using artificial blue colouring... not the sort of thing I'd want for breakfast. I suppose it could be thick yoghurt.

I like using flowers on dishes but not whole flowers. It just doesn't look right to me and nobody is going to pop a large whole flower in their mouth. I recently used some chive flower 'petals' on a salad which I'll post later.

Since it claims to be 'healthy' I'll move it to From Healthier Eating to Free-From Diets

What is the blue stuff in the second image? It doesn't look very healthy...
I think it looks like some type of corn flour (thick grits). I don't know for sure but I reached out to the site where some of her info is posted to ask about it. I'll report back if I hear anything.

Back
Top Bottom