Brisket cut

It uses a toggle bolt that you insert through an intake vent. I never tried it on my Weber Kettles, because I have the kettles with the big ash catcher. That gets in the way.

View attachment 97471

I used mine on a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. You can sort of see it on the far right of this picture of my Weber "family" (I sold the WSM, and right now I only have the three kettles on the left side, and a Weber Genesis gas grill not shown).

View attachment 97472

CD
I have this one would that work with my unit?

I have this one Here would that work with my unit?

Linky no worky...

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 5.49.45 PM.jpg

CD

I just fixed it

You shouldn't need it on an electric smoker. That should take care of itself. :scratchhead: Any smoker will fluctuate a little, but 30 degrees is a bit much. I really don't know if the iQue unit I had will work on your smoker. It may confuse the controller built into the smoker.

BTW, medtran and I suggested wood chunks before, but I'm not sure they will work with your electric smoker. You might look at pellets as an alternative to chips.

You shouldn't need it on an electric smoker. That should take care of itself. :scratchhead: Any smoker will fluctuate a little, but 30 degrees is a bit much. I really don't know if the iQue unit I had will work on your smoker. It may confuse the controller built into the smoker.

BTW, medtran and I suggested wood chunks before, but I'm not sure they will work with your electric smoker. You might look at pellets as an alternative to chips.
The manual says wood chips OR pellets and NOT chunks. /shrug I guess I just gotta use it some more. What a convenient excuse to buy more meat to smoke! :chef:🤤

Puggles, I just saw you got the electric vertical smoker. My gas unit is similarly shaped and I have trouble fitting larger briskets in it. Keep your measurements in mind when you buy your brisket, maybe don't buy sight-unseen on the internet until you figure out the typical size you can hold in there (5-8lbs?). I don't think you will get good results if you have to cut the brisket into two pieces just to get it to fit on different shelves. Although, maybe you will, be sure to let us know.

Puggles, I just saw you got the electric vertical smoker. My gas unit is similarly shaped and I have trouble fitting larger briskets in it. Keep your measurements in mind when you buy your brisket, maybe don't buy sight-unseen on the internet until you figure out the typical size you can hold in there (5-8lbs?). I don't think you will get good results if you have to cut the brisket into two pieces just to get it to fit on different shelves. Although, maybe you will, be sure to let us know.

My local H-E-B store sells whole briskets, or you can just buy the point or the flat separately. I prefer the point, myself (more fat). You can separate the two and put them on two shelves. I would probably swap positions ever few hours for even cooking.

CD

smoking meat is one of the oldest forms of cooking and is so simple a child can do it , now with that said lets clear up a few things , do not , repeat do not soak wood before smoking , it will cause "white " smoke , and white smoke is steam not smoke , also it will give your meat a bitter taste , next point ; use hickory chips not pellets , why because there is no such thing as 100% hickory pellets ( or any other thing such as 100% cherry or whatever ) all pellets contain filler woods
many people try to over complicate the age old art of smoking meat by telling you things like " you have to smoke it x number of hours to get the smoke all the way through the meat , FACT, on any large thick peice of meat you will never get smoke to penatrate 100% of the meat , after about 2 hours of heavy blue smoke , the meat is about as smoked as it will ever get , after that your just cooking the meat until its done to your liking and wasting wood chips
enjoy your new smoker and don't let a bunch of self appointed experts spoil your fun by making you think its complicated ...its not !!!!

Last edited:
It uses a toggle bolt that you insert through an intake vent. I never tried it on my Weber Kettles, because I have the kettles with the big ash catcher. That gets in the way.

View attachment 97471

I used mine on a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. You can sort of see it on the far right of this picture of my Weber "family" (I sold the WSM, and right now I only have the three kettles on the left side, and a Weber Genesis gas grill not shown).

View attachment 97472

CD

My dear late brother who lived in South Carolina had that many BBQ grills, maybe more! He used to pick up grills that no one else wanted any more & bring them all home & set them up in the backyard!! That is how much he loved BBQ!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom