British - Yorkshire Pudding Problems...

I'm mystified by your problem! I use James Martin's recipe which is similar to yours but uses rather less milk. The recipe also states cooking them for 30 mins, which I find works. Mine always rise spectacularly! The advice about not beating it is good. I roughly mix everything together with a fork.. Any lumps will disappear if the batter is rested for at least an hour. Preferably longer. Could it possibly be the milk substitute you are using? I use almond milk quite a lot (but not in Yorkshires) and I have noted that lecithin is added to it. Something like that might affect the batter, I suppose.

I have no idea. I used to make them in our old place and used soya milk without any problems then so I'm not sure. I don't think lecithin is added to the one we drink but I'm I'll have to check. I guess I could always try making our own almond milk and seeing if that makes a difference. We have taken a break from it at the moment, there are only so many bad Yorkshire pudding one can eat!
We'll try again next weekend when I have checked the ingredients on the almond milk and looked into the lecithin issue. Thank you.

I'm still in the use it straight away camp after the weekend Saturday one of the lads at work made some batter last thing Friday night for use Saturday morning ,well they were more like pancakes ,I did a fresh batter and hey presto well risen light pillows of batter

Best thing to do. They are over-rated, tasteless and take up too much space on the plate!!!
Runs for cover.
Tha's not from Yorkshur, I tek it?
Yorkshire-Flag.gif

I have been called roast beef by the french for times,it's a national treasure ,the Yorkshire pudding it's the king beefs crown ,I'm not sure how it can be dishonoured by such mean remarks,many try to replicate it and many fail ,it's what we are famous for

Last edited:
Best thing to do. They are over-rated, tasteless and take up too much space on the plate!!!
Runs for cover.
Well "Them thats eats most puddin gets most meat". Said because the pudding was served
first, to fill you up, meaning less meat would be etten.

Shurrupangerritetten!

Tha's not from Yorkshur, I tek it?
View attachment 825
How did you guess? Is it relevant? And just to add flame to BBQ, parents were from red rose country. Not that their food is any better!
Well "Them thats eats most puddin gets most meat". Said because the pudding was served
first, to fill you up, meaning less meat would be etten.
Shurrupangerritetten!
Err, no thanks. I'll cope with less meat. I am aware of the YP's origins, even being a jessie.
How dare you. Philistine :laugh: and toronto is famous for.................
Yes, I dared and maybe I am a philistine. (although am prepared to debate the point!) So? Toronto may not be famous for much but probably a lot more famous than Powys. Bet TO has better restaurants and beers though!!

Actually Wales is famous for mount snowdon, Welsh cakes, bara brith. All delicaces fromm wales.:laugh: and very nice they are too, and its a great place for tourists. Even ones from america

How did you guess? Is it relevant? And just to add flame to BBQ, parents were from red rose country. Not that their food is any better!
Err, no thanks. I'll cope with less meat. I am aware of the YP's origins, even being a jessie.
It wouldn't be a Yorkshur Puddin unless it was made in Yorkshur, God's Own County.

And our Rose is White and pure bred.

Back
Top Bottom