Broccoli Juice

tribie

Veteran
Local time
6:25 PM
Website
tribiewriting.wix.com
Have you tried broccoli juice? My mom gave me some when I visited her and it tasted great!! The base was pineapple juice but it was very green. She bought a carton of it but she was thinking of making her own concoction since she has a juicer in her place. If your children won't mind the color, they would probably like the taste.

Broccoli taste is really amazing! First time I heard about broccoli juice, but recently I heard about eating raw broccoli, just like we eat carrots too and yes, it's delicious.

So that, I think that I'm going to prepare some broccoli juice this weekend to enjoy the taste.

My children might look at it in a funny way but they will try it and l want to try it, l buy broccoli all the time and l never thought I could make a juice that tastes good:)

Ermm......... I don't understand :scratchhead:

Why take a perfectly good vegetable, extract the juice and (I'm assuming here) throw the pulp away?

Isn't that a bit of a waste?

Or are you doing it because you don't like the whole thing?

Ermm......... I don't understand :scratchhead:

Why take a perfectly good vegetable, extract the juice and (I'm assuming here) throw the pulp away?

Isn't that a bit of a waste?

Or are you doing it because you don't like the whole thing?

Good point, aren't most fruit juices considered unhealthy now since they contain all of the sugar but none of the fibre? Surely this would do the same?

I've never had straight broccoli juice, but I do enjoy juicing broccoli stalks in with other item that I juice with. The thing with juicing is that it allows for people to take in the micronutrients of vegetables without having to eat cups and cups of it at one time. Also, most juicers are not those 'slow juicers' that completely extract only the juice out of the vegetables, so fiber ends up in most juices. The fruit juices that are considered unhealthy are ones that are usually in cartons or on the non-refrigerated aisles, not the ones that are coming straight out of the juicer.

One of the reasons why some people use slow juicers to get every bit of the fiber out of the juice is because their bodies really can't take any extra fiber but still need the nutrients. It's a great way for someone who's had intestinal cancer to not have to worry about bowel blockage when taking in vegetables.

Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables but I don't think I'd be able to stomach it as a juice. I know that sounds strange but I can't get my head around juices which aren't fruit based. I would however, consider pureeing broccoli and turning into a chilled soup for summer.

Every morning I put in a blender my personal combination of apple, kiwi, cucumber, tomato, strawberry, carrot, bell pepper and blend it all together then I drink one glass of this concoction and it is already my breakfast and nothing else for so many years.. And it had been tested and proven by myself to be a very healthy and delicious drink giving me the energy to start my day. For me blending is better than juicing because you can still get all the fibers and need not to throw it away. Maybe it is a good idea if I will include also broccoli in my blending and I am sure it will add flavor to my concoction.

Back
Top Bottom