Recipe Brown Sugar Cookie Dough Ice Cream

AgileMJOLNIR

Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
4:43 AM
This is a favorite ice cream of mine - A cream cheese/half and half base loaded with Brown sugar cookie dough along with chocolate covered waffle cone pieces.
I’ve mentioned before that ice cream is my weakness and I could definitely eat a pint of this in one sitting :)

IMG_6768.jpeg

INGREDIENTS​

For the cookie dough:​

• ½ cup (113 gm) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2/3 cup (130 gm) brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup (65 gm) sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ¾ cup (100 gm) flour
  • 1 cup (150 gm) mini chocolate chips

For the chocolate-covered cone pieces:​

• ¼ cup semisweet chocolate (chips or chopped)
  • ½ teaspoon coconut oil
  • ¾ cup waffle or sugar cones pieces (about ½” size)

For the brown sugar cream cheese ice cream, adapted from “Homemade Decadence” by Joy Wilson​

• 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese at room temp
  • 2 1/2 cups of cold half-and-half
  • 1 cup pack light brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tablespoons bourbon (Optional)

Method​

To prepare the cookie dough:​

1. Beat the butter on medium speed in a medium sized bowl until smooth. Add the brown sugar and sugar and continue beating on medium to cream together, about 1 minute. Add the salt, vanilla, and flour and beat on low just until all of the ingredients are combined. Add the chocolate chips and beat to combine. Place the cookie dough in the fridge to cool if desired. Once chilled, the dough should easily crumble into 1/8” dough balls. Set aside in the fridge while you make the ice cream

To prepare the cone pieces:​

1. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil gently in the microwave in 20 seconds intervals until they can be stirred and combined to smooth. Toss in the cone pieces and stir to coat completely. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and allow to cool completely prior to using.

To prepare the ice cream base:​

1. Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, and salt in a stand mixer. Once combined, add the half-and-half and bourbon. Blend on high speed until smooth.
  2. Transfer ice cream mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream is done churning, add the cookie dough and cone pieces and stir to combine. Spread into a metal loaf pan or freezer-safe Tupperware and freeze until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.

Back
Top Bottom