Brussels sprout shortage

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:04 PM
According to this evening's news, the extremely hot weather experienced in the UK this summer has resulted in a poor crop of Brussels sprouts as well as some other vegetables. Prices are likely to be higher and we are warned that they will be in short supply.

Brussels sprouts are a traditional part of Christmas dinner in the UK. Would a lack of Brussels sprouts bother you? Do you love them or hate them?

Last edited:
I've had them made well, and they were delicious. I've had them made badly, and they were horrific.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Oh, no! I love brussels sprouts, and eat them year round with a little butter or lemon juice. They're also good shredded in a salad, or roasted with fingerling potatoes.

Not a fan myself but my husband likes them, sauteed with shallots, diced bacon and a touch of cream.

That is weird - they won't grow into cabbages you know - they just turn into flowers eventually.

But they look like little baby cabbages. I remember as a kid staring at them in the dish on the table thinking about they never got grow up and be cabbage...it kinda stayed with me.

Back
Top Bottom