Bucket List Recipes

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
12:24 PM
I have so many Bucket List Recipes. Top on my list is a Carrot Cake Cheese Cake. I want to make it for my Mother for Mother's Day.
I served 6 years Active duty U.S. Navy and 16 years U.S.N. Reserve. As a reservist I had duty one weekend each month and two weeks training each year. I was very fortunate to be attached to a unit that allowed me to do my two week training wherever I wanted as long as I was 100% qualified for my billet. Several times I chose Jacksonville, FL. I frequently traveled with four shipmates. One year we were in Jacksonville and on a whim went to Olive Garden. The food was Olive Garden. Nothing spectacular. I wanted desert. There was Carrot Cake Cheese Cake on the menu. OMG!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven! No - OG did not make the cake. It was made by a company in California. I have never forgotten the amazing taste of that cake. Thanks to all of you I have gained confidence in my cooking skills. I will attempt a Carrot Cake Cheese for Mother's Day.
I love, love, love lemon deserts. I make an Everything Lemon Lemon Cake. It is amazing. It is also extremely labor intensive.
Lemon Squares are easy to make and always a hit with family and friends. Bucket List: Cheese Cake Lemon Squares. Granddaughter will graduate from high school and have her 18th birthday in May. There will be a party. Stepson asked me to make Lemon Squares. I will make a couple of batches of plain Lemon Squares and a batch of Cheese Cake Lemon Squares.
I have lots of other Bucket List recipes. These are two that I plan to tackle in the near future.
What is on your Cooking Bucket List that you will attempt soon?

Sounds lovely! Will look those recipes up!
Ah there is a lot I plan to cook, sometimes I change the plan acc to what is going on...maybe I should write it down...

Chicken nuggets by rascal
True Carbonara with Guanciale, if I find G
Raspberry Cheesecake
More quinoa dishes for the challenge
Cake for my Dad's Bday soon (haven't chosen a recipe yet)
Prawn cocktail
Risotti
Pogaca by Hungry Man

😊

Impressive service in the Navy!

I want to encourage all of you to pick one or two of your Bucket List recipes and make them in the next 30 days. Just do it!!
Post in the appropriate thread and link here for everyone to share.

Here is one I really want to make, someday. It is from the famous "SPAM" routine by Monty Python's Flying Circus. I just want to do it say I've done it. :laugh:

Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top... and Spam.

CD

I don't know, probably one of those Christmas Yule logs, and at one point I wanted to make a dacquoise after seeing them make one on America's Test Kitchen and saying it was probably the most difficult cake to make, but the shine came off that pretty early, because I don't like meringue. :laugh:

I can't think of much else I really, really want to do, other than I'd really like to work with caul fat, but have never been able to find a household amount for a reasonable price (have to include shipping as haven't been able to find locally). Oh, still haven't tried skate, should have gotten it the 1 time I saw it, or lionfish. A mirror cake maybe. Still haven't made Hubert Keller's Mushroom and Spinach Saint-Honore with Glazed Pearl Onions out of "The Cuisine of Hubert Keller" book, but maybe now since Craig seems to be more open to vegetarian meals lately. I only remembered the latter because while I was looking for a link for 1 of the below found another bucket list thread from over 3 years ago.

I've made the Buche de Noel, worked with foie gras plus made a torchon, made lots of dishes with truffles, my Bayoubaise, made mini turduckens using thigh and leg meat. Made my "cheeseburger" cake and fries.

Have to give this more thought.

Still haven't made Hubert Keller's Mushroom and Spinach Saint-Honore with Glazed Pearl Onions out of "The Cuisine of Hubert Keller" book, but maybe now since Craig seems to be more open to vegetarian meals lately.

One down.

2021-05-16 17.54.30.jpg

Got caul fat now, so just have to decide on what to make with it.

I know the stuff now, just didn't have a name for it. Would never have guessed. We can get it here as well, I've seen it at my friends shop,when he had it, I don't think it's sold though to the public, at least I've never seen it for sale.

Russ.

Back
Top Bottom