Burritos

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
4:59 AM
I am planning on making burritos today. I bought a package of beans, lentils, mixed with some carrots and peas. I also plan on including rice and chicken in the burrito. What could I use to season this. I'm trying to think what would be the best option, I could maybe boil the beans and lentils in chicken broth? Or perhaps it would be better just to add some salt and pepper into it when it's done? What would you suggest doing to add flavor to this meal.?

I'm confused by what you mean by a package of beans, lentils mixed with carrot. peas. Are these dried beans or fresh green beans. Are the peas and carrots frozen? Its impossible to really respond to your query if we don't know what type of ingredients you are using. My only comment would be, that it rather sounds like you have too many ingredients!

Oops sorry! Yes they are all dried! I would have to boil the beans and lentils and peas/carrot(really just tiny pieces).

I ended up just seasoning the chicken and then when it came to wrapping up the beans I added some salt and pepper to them. I tried a little rice vinegar but it wasn't any good. Just using salt and better wasn't terribly, but it could have used something else.

I think some taco spice would have achieved the flavour you were looking for. Garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, cilantro would have also added more flavour and gave it the taste of a burrito.

Well I guess I am in time not to offer a suggestion but to get an idea if I ever try this out. I have heard about, read and seen burritos( when I travel) so many times, it's probably time I paid a little more attention.

Back
Top Bottom