Butter chicken

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:26 PM
image.jpeg

when I find something I like I try to replicate it. I might spend hours and trying many many times over. My last attempt was about 8/10. This time I'm combining two recipes into one, with an added twist I've read about. So this way is to make the chicken and cook it first. So I've basically done a tandoori chicken paste with yoghurt and Garam masala. I'll put pics up as I go. The final pics will be tomorrow as the meat is now marinating as per pic. If there's any interest later I'll put a list of ingredients up later.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 30503

when I find something I like I try to replicate it. I might spend hours and trying many many times over. My last attempt was about 8/10. This time I'm combining two recipes into one, with an added twist I've read about. So this way is to make the chicken and cook it first. So I've basically done a tandoori chicken paste with yoghurt and Garam masala. I'll put pics up as I go. The final pics will be tomorrow as the meat is now marinating as per pic. If there's any interest later I'll put a list of ingredients up later.

Russ

I'm sure we would like to see the recipe. You can click on edit in the top post and add it to that rather than adding it further down. And add the Recipe prefix to the title. To do that click on 'Thread tools' -top right of post, then choose 'edit thread' from the drop down box.

I'm sure we would like to see the recipe. You can click on edit in the top post and add it to that rather than adding it further down. And add the Recipe prefix to the title. To do that click on 'Thread tools' -top right of post, then choose 'edit thread' from the drop down box.

Ill see how it turns out first, I'm about to cook the chicken under the grill. Rest later. I'm glas I soaked it overnight.

Russ

Butter chicken, my recipe from about 5 different ones.

One teaspoon of minced garlic, ginger and chilly. Less chilly if it's too hot.
Marinade chicken in tandoori mix over night. Grill next day until cooked. Cut into bite sized pieces.
Get a pan, add 100ml yoghurt then add the ginger etc. then add
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Garam masala
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
Then one onion blitzed with 1/2 can of Campbell's tomato condensed soup, add to mix and cook 5 minutes. Add I sachet 50 to 100 gms of tomato paste. Then 1/2 cup chicken stock. Two lemon cubes or juice of 1 lemon. 200 mls of fresh cream and cook another 5 mins. Adjust taste with some sugar. Then add meat and heat through.

Russ

The tandoori mix is my Garam masala with yoghurt to marinade the chicken. I used thighs.

Campbell's condensed tomato soup was the key ingredient I had to perfect. The blitzed onion with this thickens the gravy. I really highly recommend this. I love replicating store bought recipes. Sons coming for his at lunch as well.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom