Butter or Margarine?

Pat

Veteran
Local time
5:20 PM
Margarine or vegetable spread has been improved so much it is very hard to tell the difference between margarine and butter. When cooking a recipe that calls for butter I still use margarine.

Do you switch to butter or still use margarine?

I use margarine for sandwiches and butter for toast and baking. I'm not keen on sandwiches that are too "buttery", I find it overpowers the flavour of the fillings. It is delicious on toast though and gives a fantastic result in baking.

I use butter for every thing that it should be in ,
A little of what you like does you no harm
But the utterly butterly type spreads are great , convienient and spreadable from the fridge
My wife uses a soft margarine in cakes

I prefer using butter in some of my recipes for my cooking. For soups, sauces, and sandwich spread the use of butter makes it more creamier and tastier and it really had a different taste.

Butter I think tastes way better. Margarine smells really good though for some reason. I don't see any reason to limit yourself to one...

I prefer butter for taste & taste alone. It seems we try to supplement a lot of things that can easily be replaced by the nasty dirty butter that for generations has made it delish.

I use salted regular butter for meals and to cook with I use Margarine.

Lately however we've been using Imperial Margarine to cook with/use in meals, and I miss my butter. So I only break it out on meals that really need it for flavor.

Butter - salted. Usually Lurpak Lighter.

Although in the past few weeks the wife has tried (and we're both now enjoying) a premium sea-salted butter that has, quite literally, got tiny rocks of sea salt inside - such that you feel the crunch as you run your knife through it to cut it for spreading.

I have found, through selfless experimentation, that it works well on bagels, toast, french bread, Ryvita Fruit Crunch, crumpets, and other butter bearing snacks. Although too much of it leaves your mouth feeling dry (and salty) for the rest of the day! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom