• 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 diced garlic clove
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
  3. Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, and green onion. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
  4. Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
  5. After plating add fresh scallions and cilantro

Pictures will follow

Last edited by a moderator:
20180225_161504.jpg
20180225_165302.jpg
20180225_171028.jpg

Next time I'll use lime instead of lemon. I only used a half (all I had). A whole one would have been better.

I made my own Cajun seasoning btw.

@detroitdad
With you passion for cooking grow your own herbs. Even where you are spring will arrive soon. The big box stores will have herb starter plants. Get 2 each - basil, dill, parsley, cilantro, oregano, thyme, sage and rosemary. Plant in individual pots at least 12" for the basil, dill, parsley, cilantro, thyme and oregano, Larger for the sage and rosemary. Grow outside in full sun (6+ hours per day) As much as you enjoy cooking you will love having fresh herbs.

Well, I made the recipe and this is how it turned out. I did a few things a bit differently. I didn't use lemon - it isn't included in the recipe but I have now seen that you talk about using lemon or lime in a post above. I think you must have accidentally missed it out of the Recipe. You can edit your recipe to amend this...

Anyway I got to the stage of the cream being added and then tasted the sauce and thought - this need something acidic. I had no lemons so I added a large splash of white wine, which did the trick.

The other thing I did differently was to char-grill the chicken pieces. I already had my 'ridged' pan on the go for the asparagus so I thought, why not? I also held back some chicken pieces from incorporating in the sauce but this was mainly for the visual appearance when plating up (so that I could arrange them on top).

My verdict? It was very good! I'm not a huge fan of creamy sauces but this really works. It most definitely does need the lemon! Well done. :thumbsup:

fullsizeoutput_2dbf.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2dc3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom