Cake Without Eggs

sixxup

Veteran
Local time
1:08 AM
Can I make a cake without having to mix eggs as main ingredients? Suggest for me a good recipe.

Morning all, Is there chat rooms on here or just posts to reply

Maybe it depends on the purpose, is the egg used to add color or texture? make the cake creamier? or hold the dough together? In my case I can omit the egg out of the recipe and would not even think of looking for a substitute. If the recipe only calls for one egg then it does not bother me if I omit it from the list.

This thread reminds me of a friend who is a vegetarian. She asked me that same question when she was just starting with her new lifestyle. And my quick answer is a pie instead of cake. Normally, pies have no eggs so she can perhaps experiment on that - baking pies like a cake so she can do away with the eggs. We also have cassava cake which has no egg but it is not really a cake but a pudding like pie.

This thread reminds me of a friend who is a vegetarian. She asked me that same question when she was just starting with her new lifestyle. And my quick answer is a pie instead of cake. Normally, pies have no eggs so she can perhaps experiment on that - baking pies like a cake so she can do away with the eggs. We also have cassava cake which has no egg but it is not really a cake but a pudding like pie.
out of curiosity why is she cutting out eggs? vegetarians eat eggs normally.

Back
Top Bottom