Calorie counting

So if you combine "control your calories" with "eat until you're satisfied", then you'll wind up eating healthy by default.

I find it easy peasy to do that with food. My downfall is alcohol. The (unhealthy) amount I drink would mean a virtually starvation diet in order to stay within normal calorie limits each day.

I find it easy peasy to do that with food. My downfall is alcohol. The (unhealthy) amount I drink would mean a virtually starvation diet in order to stay within normal calorie limits each day.

I really admire your honesty. Alcohol has a lot of empty calories.

CD

as I mentioned. . . we do a menu plan for the week.
taken at a recent board meeting, planning the left over tidbits.....

Alcohol is my downfall as well. I'm on gin n water and keep good health.
My friend butcher goes to an addictive group on a Thursday morning. Theres a couple that go there in their 80s who are having trouble with booze and hooter. I said let them go for it. Too late to change them. Maybe I see myself as them as well??
Russ

Alcohol is my downfall as well. I'm on gin n water and keep good health.
My friend butcher goes to an addictive group on a Thursday morning. Theres a couple that go there in their 80s who are having trouble with booze and hooter. I said let them go for it. Too late to change them. Maybe I see myself as them as well??
Russ

My liver waved the white flag about a year ago. I can't blame alcohol for my pot-belly anymore. I'm just old and out of shape.

CD

I´m probably one of the luckiest people around because, regardless of what I eat or don´t eat, I´ve maintained the same body weight as when I was 18: 75 kgs.

I'm 85 kgs and have hovered around that weight since I was around 24 years old (I'm 1.92 metres tall). The weight was distributed differently after I stopped smoking 8 years ago but stayed roughly the same in total. Between 24 and 45 I ate two substantial meals every day; after 45 that was reduced to one plus snacks. I've drunk copious quantities of beer since as long as I can remember. I will have to check with Wikipedia what a calorie is.

Back
Top Bottom