Recipe Campfire Foil Packs

L_B

Veteran
Local time
5:36 AM
Campfire Foil Packs

These are so easy to make for camping or outdoor dinner. We love them.
We always prepare them at home and then just put in the cooler until we are ready to cook them up.
You can use any combination of meat and vegetables, whatever you prefer.

This is what we use:

Ingredients:

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
2 onions, diced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic, sliced
4 small potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:

In a large bowl, or a large zip-top bag, combine the chicken, onion, mushrooms, yellow pepper, red pepper, garlic, and potatoes. Pour in the olive oil and mix well.

Evenly divide the mixture between 4 large sheets of aluminum foil. Top each with another sheet of foil, and roll up the edges tightly.
Double wrap each package, making sure the wrapping is secure.

Cook in the hot coals of a campfire until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.

It usually takes around 40 minutes.

Be careful when opening foil because the steam inside and can burn you!!

Foil packs, yes, it is one of the best methods for camping meals because it is easy to cook. All you have to do is get a charcoal going and cook the foil. One time my husband brought potatoes intended for french fries but my sister had forgotten the pan so what my husband did was to put the sliced potatoes in a foil and baked it on the charcoal. He then put butter when the foil was opened for cooling. The butter gave the baked potato more flavor.

I have a bbq called. A Cobb ,I put carrots in a foil package with butter and seasoning and cook in next to the coals ,same with potatoes
And we do en paupiettte with fish on the top of the heat

These all sound like great ideas. Foil cooking is so easy and convenient. It frees up your time to do other things while you are waiting for you dinner to cook. You can also get really creative with your foil packs. The possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom