Camping With Vegans that Don’t like Vegetables

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
7:12 PM
A nice couple from Texas joined our our off road Motorsports group a few years back on my invite.

One evening they walked around camp and invited others over to their camp for dinner.
“We have 10 lbs of hamburger and it’s starting to turn” was their invite. “We need to cook it.”
Nahh, we passed on that info.

Now they are strict Vegans and it gets more bizarre.
My wife is vegetarian and I figured just a step further with the vegetarian recipes and maybe I can get a few Vegan dishes on the campground table for our friends to join us.

I have a terrific mushroom spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash. I gave them an invite.
Nope, they hate Vegetables.
I dunno folks, I can’t make this stuff up.
Wife says I cater too much.

Just make what you want and keep inviting them. If they turn you down, so be it. They can't say you didn't ask!

I once knew someone who had just gone vegetarian. She still ate dairy, just no meats.

I threw a pot luck, and another friend made a large vegetarian or vegan casserole, specifically because she knew the other person was vegetarian. It was excellent.

She wouldn't touch it. She didn't eat vegetables. Well, she'd eat potatoes. After that, we referred to her as a Starchitarian - she made herself home eating nachos, chips and dips. (Salsa, French onion dip, that sort of thing). Oh, yes, she'd eat most desserts, too.

In the year or so I knew her, she never changed. She hated vegetables - and ballooned up about 50 pounds during that time.

Last edited:
In Britain, and especially in Lancashire and Yorkshire, there is a saying - "there's nowt so queer as folk"
Just about sums it up I think

Back
Top Bottom