Can you please suggest a dry rub for fish

Bakemehappy

Veteran
Local time
9:27 AM
I know some rubs but they are for pork or chicken. They contain paprika as far as I can remember. Can I use paprika on fish? Aside from the usual salt and pepper can you recommend a dry rub that would work with any fish? Will you consider using sugar?

• 1 Tbsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1⁄4 tsp salt
  • 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
  • 1⁄4 tsp dried rosemany
  • 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
This is the recipe I use for a dry rub with fish and it has paprika in it. It is a bit spicy but very tasty.

• 1 Tbsp paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1⁄4 tsp salt
  • 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
  • 1⁄4 tsp dried rosemany
  • 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
This is the recipe I use for a dry rub with fish and it has paprika in it. It is a bit spicy but very tasty.
I would definitely give this a try. Hey I do appreciate the reply and you taking time to share this recipe I know you had tried it and that is what is important. I can search the whole web for all I care but what matters most is someone should have tried something they recommend right?
I am thinking now if it is a good idea to use smoked paprika or is it only for barbeque and will not work well with fish? anyhow, thanks a lot for the share

There is also a sweet paprika but it is hard to find. It works well. I found it once but could never find it again. Smoked paprika would give it a new flavour which I think would be okay because I have often barbecued fish and it tastes great. It is a trial and error to get the taste that suits your taste best. I use just the regular paprika and I like the taste. It had always turned out great for me and it is my favorite fish rub.

Smoked paprika is a good one , garlic powder ,I dry a lot of products like lemon and limes and powder those and dill, another good product is dill pollen and lemon myrtle a Aussie product is exceptional I met a guy called Vic chericoff a few years ago who would supply products to the UK from Australia and experimented extensively with ribs and pastes
He used to supply larger sainsburys in the UK many moons ago

Back
Top Bottom