3⁄4 cup orange juice
1⁄2 cup melted margarine
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
2 cups shredded carrots

Directions
Beat egg lightly in large bowl.
Add orange juice, margarine, and sugar, beat well.
Sift together dry ingredients.
Stir into egg mixture, mix only till moistened.
Gently fold in shredded carrots (See Carrot, Ginger & Turmeric-Smoothie).
Spoon into well greased muffin pans about 2/3 full.
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400F/ 200C/Gas Mark 6/Fan Assisted(Forced) 180

http://www.food.com/recipe/carrot-muffins-86055

These sound like they would have a nice zing to them, with that addition of orange juice! So many uses for the humble carrot in recipes that I hadn't considered...it was basically a veggie for a side dish with meals or occasionally in a good old carrot cake! But now my eyes have opened to all the other possibilities!

The Orange juice would give them a nice taste. I make carrot muffins which are very similar to these ones but I have never tried orange juice. The nicest time I.make them I am going to try them this way. Carrot muffins are a favorite at my house.

These sound like they would have a nice zing to them, with that addition of orange juice! So many uses for the humble carrot in recipes that I hadn't considered...it was basically a veggie for a side dish with meals or occasionally in a good old carrot cake! But now my eyes have opened to all the other possibilities!
I think that was the idea behind the recipe challenge.

You've tried the Broccoli cupcakes then?

Can you add a cantaloupe in there? Maybe just for the flavor. How about some butternut squash for color and bulk? I think your recipe would make a delicious carrot muffins. Can I put some cream on top?

I just stumbled on this fresh out of making my legendary banana bread. It's really not legendary, it's just simple to make and for that reason I make it every chance I get. I saw this and it was a reminder to get me some muffin pans to try some muffins. My last from scratch carrot cake was a disaster so I don't know if this will be my first muffin. It sounds good though and the orange juice makes it even more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom