Recipe Carrot Pancakes

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
1:21 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Carrot Pancakes come from here http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/sunday-brunch-recipes-heirloom-carrot-cake-pancakes/... and whilst the photo does not do them any justice, they are quite tasty... at least the one I had for lunch was (after a number of dairy to non-dairy substitutions had been made).

carrot-pancakes-recipe.jpg carrot-cake-pancakes.jpg

Makes about 12* 3″ pancakes.

Ingredients
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tspground ginger
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 tbsp canola oil (or other according to your preference)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups finely grated carrots

Method
In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients together.
Add in all the remaining ingredients except the carrots and stir well.
Gently fold in the carrots.
Heat your frying pan/griddle or skillet, then butter it/oil it, add batter in 1/3 cup proportions and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, flipping pancakes after each side has browned slightly.
Serve with maple syrup.

Last edited:
This recipe looks easy and interesting. Of all the carrot recipes that I have seen so far, this is definitely my type of thing. It has all the ingredients of ordinary pancakes with the only difference being the added grated carrots. I have not made pancakes in a while, but I must definitely give this one a try some time.

I wonder if this would taste similar to carrot cake. I absolutely love carrot cake, so having it in pancake form would probably be super delicious. I'm going to book mark this and use it one morning. It might be fun to experiment with on Christmas morning.

I would think that tons I'd taste similar to a carrot cake which the spices that are used. I bet it would be really good. I am going to give this a try. I am not sure if they will be a hit it not but I am willing to give then a try. I am really liking all these carrot recipes. I had no idea that carrots could be used in so many different ways.

Back
Top Bottom