Carrot Slaw ?

Termyn8or

Local time
6:39 PM
Got some big deformed ones here which may actually serve better all ground up.

Since they will be raw, I figure we take it that way. We know the flavor and the subtle sweetness.

Now we set out to destroy that - maybe.

So I grate them up and now... ... ...

Celery, they compliment each other.

Assuming there will be more stuff in it but not go nuts about it, what kind of dressing would work on just those two ?

How about something similar to a Tzatziki sauce ? I can make that and probably modify it for this.

AT THIS TIME I am staying away from onion and garlic. As much as they are my essentials, this could maybe be more light in flavor.

???

T

Got some big deformed ones here which may actually serve better all ground up.

Since they will be raw, I figure we take it that way. We know the flavor and the subtle sweetness.

Now we set out to destroy that - maybe.

So I grate them up and now... ... ...

Celery, they compliment each other.

Assuming there will be more stuff in it but not go nuts about it, what kind of dressing would work on just those two ?

How about something similar to a Tzatziki sauce ? I can make that and probably modify it for this.

AT THIS TIME I am staying away from onion and garlic. As much as they are my essentials, this could maybe be more light in flavor.

???

T

I too have deformed carrots, last of the crop. I make my own slaw, finely chopped Savoy cabbage, grated carrot, finely chopped onion and bests Mayo along with a dollop of seafood dressing. Believe it makes the difference. I love the stuff.

Russ

Make a savory slaw. Grated green cabbage, grated deformed carrots, 2 or 3 bunches scallions whites and greens, thinly sliced, EVOO - just enough to coat. Sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Toss and serve.
You may get as creative as you wish. Add sweet or hot peppers.
Another option is to use your deformed carrots in a Carrot Cake/Bread.
Who cares what your carrots look like? Flavor/taste Baby.

Back
Top Bottom