Cauliflower Anyone?

We like cauliflower mash with a potato added, as well as cauliflower rice, homemade. We've also made cauliflower "steaks" and whole baked cauliflower that we both liked. Craig made a cauliflower/lentil curry that we liked as well.

We both REALLY liked the broccoli/cauliflower hybrid brocoflower/romanesco when we tried it recently.

The market now sells riced cauliflower, mashed, fried rice, and even cauliflower risotto.

Its the same here - all the supermarkets stock these things.

I like cauliflower cheese soup. Sometimes topped with some popcorn.

Cauliflower soup is lovely (would work well with saffron for the Recipe Challenge). The popcorn is interesting. I'm trying to imagine how that works. Doesn't it go soggy?

Its the same here - all the supermarkets stock these things.

Cauliflower soup is lovely (would work well with saffron for the Recipe Challenge). The popcorn is interesting. I'm trying to imagine how that works. Doesn't it go soggy?

I like the sound/idea of saffron. A few popped popcorn kernals on top of Beer cheese soup is another idea. They're light in weight. I wouldn't let it sit too long.

I saw a frozen version of cauliflower gnocchi prepared with lemon, garlic, capers and butter (Piccatta-style) that caught my attention.

The variety of colors, like purple, orange and lime green are lovely. Might take a trip to a Farmer's market to find then. Broccoflower (a combination of broccoli and cauliflower) is great, and easy to find. The purple would make colorful dishes like fritters, rice, mashed potatoes, soup, etc. Will be on the lookout.

An alternative to wheat-based pizza Base and flatbread.
Here's a pretty great one posted by @TodayInTheKitchen (it looks so good that I might even avoid picking the pineapples off):

full?d=1549847201.jpg

Cauliflower has become very popular, especially as a low carb sub for (mashed) potatoes and rice. The market now sells riced cauliflower, mashed, fried rice, and even cauliflower risotto. Using mashed cauliflower over Shepherd's Pie is one idea. What are some of your favorite cauliflower dishes?

roasted with some seasonings. Or the whole Moroccan roasted cauliflower recipe that I posted awhile back

Back
Top Bottom