Recipe Ceasar's Pizza Soup

Local time
11:19 PM
My apologies for being so absent but I was out of island for a few days but I came back determined to get in at least one recipe for the Challenge. I have not had any mince meat ( that's what most people call it around here) for a while, so I thought I'd have a look on Pinterest to see what new recipe I could find there. I wanted it to be something I would try and this is what I came up with.
DSC03456.jpg

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Ingredients

1. 8 cups • vegetable broth
  2. 1/2lb • ground beef
  3. 2 tsp • dried oregano
  4. 1 • onion [diced]
  5. 2 • celery stalks [diced]
  6. 4 • tomatoes [diced]
  7. 1 6oz can • tomato paste
  8. 1 2oz can • black olives
  9. 2 • pickle spears [diced]
  10. 2 • garlic cloves [minced]
  11. 1 • green chilli [seeded and diced]
  12. to taste • salt/pepper
  13. to taste • mozzarella cheese
  14. garnish • roughly chopped parsley
Instructions

1. Brown the ground beef in a hot pot.
  2. Throw everything, but the cheese and parsley, in the pot and bring to the boil.
  3. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.
  4. Scoop into bowls, add mozzarella on top and garnish with parsley.
Simple enough don't you think?
Source: http://www.livingchirpy.com/2015/pizza-soup/

I like this recipe. I think it is nice and simple, as well as original, since no other soup recipe was contributed for the challenge. I have not cooked any kind of soup for a while, and I do buy minced meat often. Maybe I could give this recipe a try some time. I would have to think about it.

This looks really good and I am sure it has lots of flavor. I love pizza so why not have it in the form of a soup? I will have to bookmark this page so I can give it a try sometime.

I like this recipe. I think it is nice and simple, as well as original, since no other soup recipe was contributed for the challenge. I have not cooked any kind of soup for a while, and I do buy minced meat often. Maybe I could give this recipe a try some time. I would have to think about it.
If I kept mince meat it's definitely something I would try. I was actually drawn to it because of the name. Pizza and soup don't usually mesh in my books but this soup seems doable. As much as I am a cheese love I could probably do without the cheese in this case.

Back
Top Bottom