1 tsp powdered mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 small onion, very finely minced
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp celery seed

Directions
Place the first 6 ingredients and half the vinegar in a blender jar. Blend well. With blender still running, add the oil and remaining vinegar and blend thoroughly. This method prevents dressing from separating. Stir in the celery seed.

Recipe from Cooking from Quilt Country, Marcia Adams

The CookingBites recipe challenge: celery, celeriac, celery salt & celery seeds

Celery Seed Dressing
Makes 2 scant cups

Ingredients
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp powdered mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 small onion, very finely minced
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp celery seed

Directions
Place the first 6 ingredients and half the vinegar in a blender jar. Blend well. With blender still running, add the oil and remaining vinegar and blend thoroughly. This method prevents dressing from separating. Stir in the celery seed.

Recipe from Cooking from Quilt Country, Marcia Adams

I've used celery seed to cook with, but I've never used it to make dresing with. Guess that you learn something new every day!! :whistling:

Very sweet methinks - but I noted your most eloquent comment regarding this in the challenge thread:

As sweet as it is, make no mistake - this is a celery-flavored dressing and don’t let the seemingly meager amount of celery seed fool you; that bright-bitter signature celery taste pushes its way through.

...which, of course, makes me want to try it!

How ingenious, I would need to go around the sugar though, perhaps it could work with thinned honey? Hm...anyways, love the idea! I have never used or eaten celery seeds, at least not knowingly. Am keeping a mind outlet open, if it crosses my way somehow...Well done!

How ingenious, I would need to go around the sugar though, perhaps it could work with thinned honey? Hm...anyways, love the idea! I have never used or eaten celery seeds, at least not knowingly. Am keeping a mind outlet open, if it crosses my way somehow...Well done!
Thanks! I’m not sure how honey would work, it has such a distinct taste, but I say there’s only one way to find out. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom