Cereal - are you a crunchy or a soggy fan?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
4:56 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
This probably sounds a little weird, but my husband is eating cereal right now and it made me think of it...

He loves his cereal with tons of milk. I'd say the ratio is like three amounts of milk to the amount of cereal he puts in the bowl.

For me, on the other hand, I barely put any milk in. Just enough to slightly coat the cereal but certainly not a ton of liquid! I like my cereal to still have some crunch to it!

What about you?

I can't stand soggy cereal end of story, but there is a big but. I also need enough milk to be able to swallow the cereal because I can't eat dry stuff easily. So I'm a little cereal and medium amount of milk kind of person.
The diet in on had me check how much milk I was having with my cereal and with a standard ration (and it is a ration!) of 30g of bran flakes, I have 90-100ml of milk which is not enough milk to cover the cereal but comes up to visible levels in the bowl (hope that bit makes sense!)

I barely put in any milk either. I don't like if it sits too long and gets soggy either. If that happens it reminds me too much of oatmeal and I don't like that!

Crunchy cold cereal and wet porridge but it still turns my stomach when people put orange juice on cereals instead of milk

I use little milk because I like my cereal to be crunchy. Soggy cereal is a turn off for me. I do like porridge though.

I do not like my cereal soggy. I prefer it with a little crunch in it. I like to put just a small amount of milk in it, but enough to give the cereal a good flavour. I also add hot water to my cereal. No lukewarm cereal for me, and I do not eat it cold either.

Rarely eat cereal but I could go either way! Soggy Weetabix has a comforting baby food texture. On the other hand, crispy cornflakes with a splash of cold milk can perk me up.

It looks like I'm a bit out of place here, lol. I love my cereal soggy, I drown it with too much milk and even wait for it to become soggy before eating it. I don't know why, I just love eating it soft and almost not needing to be chewed anymore. Haha! I guess I'm just a bit lazy to chew it, lol. Though I do know some people, like you guys prefer their cereal crunchy. I don't even know anyone like me who purposely lets the cereal get soggy.:p

Crunchy definetly. I hate soggy cereal. It is just a mess in a bowl. I think that it is in the only way to eat cereal really. I mean sometimes you can't help if your cereal gets soggy...but I am not into eating a bowl of mush and slimy cereal. The exception might be oatmeal and that doesn't seem to make a difference as to whether it is soggy or not.

I prefer cold, crunchy cereal with the milk just showing. I figure that I can always add more milk after, so why risk overshooting it? I generally eat Raisin Brand so I enjoy the slight chewiness of the raisins.

Back
Top Bottom