Cheap fashion earrings

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
7:16 AM
I recently bought some earrings, nothing fancy just cheap fashion ones. Trouble is the coating is coming off the bars that go through the hole in my lobe and they really irritate so I cannot wear them which is a shame because they are really nice. I do have some good quality ones but they are too good for general day to day wear.

I have bought some studs from Avon which are supposed to be for sensitive ears, if these are ok then I may buy some more.

Some folks are lucky and can wear any without problems.

I sometimes have the same problem with cheap earrings - you are talking to the person who has over 365 pairs of earrings. :D Often its its possible to replace the bit that goes through the ear with a non allergy type. It depends on the type of earring.

I have the same allergy - a lot of cheap jewellery is quite thinly plated so the plating wears off quite quickly and the base metal underneath usually contains nickel. Necklaces are also problematic in this regard and its something that is creeping into not-so-cheap jewellery too :( So I've stopped buying anything unless its be nickel-free - quite a few places do nice cheap-ish nickel-free things now though.

On some of them the bit that goes through the hole has turned black which leaves me with black marks on my ears, makes them look dirty :(

I have attached earlobes, so earrings have been a problem staying on. Finally got my ears pierced, and the costume jewelry earrings itched & hurt my ears. I went to a jewelry making store, bought needle nose pliers and earring converters, and changed them back to clip-ons. Some jewelry cases come with non tarnishing velvet-like compartments.

The earrings weren't supposed to be delivered until yesterday but my rep Jacki posted them through the letterbox then emailed me asking if I could put the money in the next brochure when I return it this coming Friday, I am ok with that, nice to be trusted.

Back
Top Bottom