Cheats soups

thespicyone

Local time
4:21 PM
These are my time saver cheat soups.

Using tinned or carton soups.

Just easy and to use vegetables meat you may have in the fridge and freezer.

I buy cheap low cost soups pad them out with veggie stock cube.

Current recipes are.

Mushroom Soup with Chicken Haricot Beans.
Ingredients
Mushroom Tin of
Onions uses frozen ones.
Chicken Cooked used drumsticks or thighs cooked. Already from deli.
Stock cube flake crumble in.
Tin of Haricot Beans. drained use half a cup, use rest later another soup.
Herbs dried half teaspoon Fennel Seeds, Thyme.

Method
I add everything to a stock pot on the hob simmer.

Around ten minutes everything cooked just Onions frozen need cooking through.

Can serve from stockpot or cool this down and portion to a microwave dish for Lunch and Evening Meal add some Peas and make it a soup stew bowl with toasted muffins or crumpets.

Sausage and Tomato Chickpea Soup.
Ingredients

Good quality Pork or Chicken Sausages cooked used the Oven cool and sliced. Oven low temp just cooked warmed through easier to do roasting tin, used 150 FAN.
Stock cube .
Tin of Chickpeas drained used half a tin .
Onions freezer
Italian Herb Mix any or use Herb Provencal half a teaspoon.
Fennel Seeds half teaspoon.

Method

Add all to a stockpot hob warm through ten minutes.

Can microwave a portion and add anything else.

Suggestions used Red Roasted Peppers drained sliced in to Soup or snip in Sundried Tomatoes.

Cheats Chicken Soup.

So easy this one not a lot of cooking nothing at all.
Ingredients
Need one cooked Chicken shred I use legs and mix of breast, diced.
Tin of Chicken Soup
Stock Cube
Herbs dried use Thyme, Rosemary, Fennel Seeds quarter teaspoon each.
Or use Other Parsley, Tarragon dried or fresh.

Method
Shred Chicken add tin of Chicken Soup stock cube all to a stockpot simmer.
Add herbs of your choice.

Serve.

It's winter here, hmmm. Think I might make tomato soup (from a can) later.

Our Western food supplier has Heinz soups, viz milligatawney, oxtail, chicken, chicken noodle, Scotch broth, beef broth, lentil and bacon; but NO tomato!

[Edit: Sorry, I was incorrect - the listed soups are on special offer at 25% off; Heinz tomato soup is available at full price].

Last edited:
"Cheats" soup to me means using soup base. We also use soup base in other recipes.

"Cheats" soup to me means using soup base. We also use soup base in other recipes.

I use soups (Campbell's) as a base for a lot of recipes and sauces. Fresh cream is in short supply here.

(Campbell's condensed tomato soup is an excellent base for sambal)

I use soups (Campbell's) as a base for a lot of recipes and sauces. Fresh cream is in short supply here.

(Campbell's condensed tomato soup is an excellent base for sambal)

Soup base is a specific flavor base, lobster, shrimp, beef, chicken, pork, vegetable, mushroom, etc. They are not soups. They come in jars and you use maybe a Tbsp to several cups of water,as they are really concentrated.

Our Western food supplier has Heinz soups, viz milligatawney, oxtail, chicken, chicken noodle, Scotch broth, beef broth, lentil and bacon; but NO tomato!

[Edit: Sorry, I was incorrect - the listed soups are on special offer at 25% off; Heinz tomato soup is available at full price].

We have Heinz tomato as well, they bought out watties brand. But I use Campbell's tomato soup for butter chicken.!

Russ

Thank you every one just want to add always have can around in stores as mentioned many uses.

Used a cheap tin of Tomato Soup for Pasta sauce why not.

Does help the cartons and tubs one make a meal out of add more veggies or beans Pasta.

One tip learnt is to toast bread add garlic clove spread it on cover the bowl add soup .

Filling and warming.

Back
Top Bottom