Recipe Cheesy burger dogs

joycemcgregor

Veteran
Local time
11:09 AM
Like most of us, we are going to grill out tomorrow for Labor Day. But we are doing something different. We are going to make cheesy burger dogs. They are really simple. You just take a block of cheddar cheese ( or the cheese of your choice ), cut it into rectangles, length wise, wrap the cheese in hamburger, then either grill, cook in a skillet, or put on a pan in the oven until done. Place in a hotdog bun and top with whatever you like. When you bite into them you get yummy, gooey, melted cheese. Just a nice change from the usual grilled burgers or hotdogs.

We don't have Labor Day here. In the UK the first of May is not an official 'Labour Day' but is celebrated by British workers and trade unions. But May Day's real origin is in pagan festivals. I think its great that Labor Day is officially celebrated in the States (and Canada, I believe?) and don't know why we don't have that here.

I like the idea of burgers wrapped around cheese. What is the finished shape? Is it rectangular or more of a sausage shape? I've made meatballs with mozarella in the middle before but obviously, they are round.

Last edited:
That sounds absolutely 100% unhealthy and therefore totally delicious - marvellous - I'll have to try making some !

Back
Top Bottom