1/2 cup dried shrimp, soaked and rinsed
6 stalks green onions/ scallions, sliced
1 table spoon toasted sesame seeds

Dipping sauce
100ml tamari sauce
100ml water
teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons ginger

Make the filling first. Put the shrimps and is a food processor and blitz. Mix with the sesame seeds and onion. Add a little soy sauce if dry.

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. I just microwaved for a few seconds to dissolve the sugar.

Prepare a steamer.
Mix all the dough ingredients and put a thin layer in a flat-bottomed dish (Should be square but I used a round flan dish.).
Steam for 5 minutes.
Let it stand for a minute then turn out onto a plate (you might need to tip off a little excess water).
Add a couple of teaspoons of the filling in a strip in the middle and fold over.
Pour sauce over and a few bits of scallion and some sesame seeds to garnish.

20180202_173949.jpeg

Last edited:
This is based on this recipe:
http://smokywok.com/hong-kong-cheong-fun-recipe-steamed/

Dough
250g rice flour
76g tapioca flour
38g corn flour/ corn starch
50g oil
900 ml water

Filling
1/2 cup dried shrimp, soaked and rinsed
6 stalks green onions/ scallions, sliced
1 table spoon toasted sesame seeds

Dipping sauce
100ml tamari sauce
100ml water
teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons ginger

Make the filling first. Put the shrimps and is a food processor and blitz. Mix with the sesame seeds and onion. Add a little soy sauce if dry.

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. I just microwaved for a few seconds to dissolve the sugar.

Prepare a steamer.
Mix all the dough ingredients and put a thin layer in a flat-bottomed dish (Should be square but I used a round flan dish.).
Steam for 5 minutes.
Let it stand for a minute then turn out onto a plate (you might need to tip off a little excess water).
Add a couple of teaspoons of the filling in a strip in the middle and fold over.
Pour sauce over and a few bits of scallion and some sesame seeds to garnish.

View attachment 13552

It looks very pretty! Its almost a Chinese Dumpling... if you tuck the ends in, I love dried shrimps - they have a fantastic umami taste.

Looked at the links - I'm not totally convinced :)ohmy:) but I'd go with the last one. The website has a high reputation and although this particular recipe is not from a Great British Chef I believe they carefully vet any recipes they choose to post. The website is not open for anyone to post on and recipes not from Chefs are by invite only. Its one of my fave websites!

Back
Top Bottom