Chewing gum - do you?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:44 PM
Lately I've gone back to this habit. I used to chew gum a lot in the past. In fact, there was a time when in an attempt to stop smoking, I got addicted to nicotine chewing gum. In some ways chewing gum is a rather strange thing to do. Its certainly not an elegant habit.

Do you ever use chewing gum?

Very rarely do I chew Gum.
As a kid that was a huge no-no both at home and at school.
Now my husband on the other hand is a BIG Gum chewer.
He has a container in the car, on his desk and in the living room.
He'll chew a piece for a short period of time, until the flavor (Mint) is gone then gets a new one.
And boy, has it gotten expensive too!

I do not, as when I do, I end up biting a lip, a cheek, or my tongue.

My wife, another gum addict. If she’s not eating or sleeping, she’s chewing Orbitz bubblemint gum. She’ll even take gum out of her mouth to taste-test something, then pop it back in.

Lately I've gone back to this habit. I used to chew gum a lot in the past. In fact, there was a time when in an attempt to stop smoking, I got addicted to nicotine chewing gum. In some ways chewing gum is a rather strange thing to do. Its certainly not an elegant habit.

Only if I don't have to walk at the same time.

CD

Not for the last 50 odd years and then it was this:

I used to keep a pack of minty gum in the car to chew after lunch if I needed to meet with people after eating. I would just chew it long enough to clean the and refresh my mouth. Otherwise, I never got into chewing gum.

CD

I used to be a big gum chewer, but I kept biting myself and giving myself mouth ulcers, so I stopped.

As a kid I chewed a lot of chewing gums. After entering highschool I stopped chewing. My favourite types are the fruity ones

Barely ever, once in a blue moon I devour a packet of literal bubble gum balls in a bout of childhood nostalgia when I come across them. But the last time I ate them I can't remember.

I'll go through phases where I'll chew gum for a bit, then might not for months and months. Nothing too fancy, good old fashioned green pack Wrigleys doublemint.

Back
Top Bottom