chicken and dumplings raw dough

duongz

Local time
3:03 AM
my dumplings is still raw on the inside even after cooking 40 min on high, they are made of flour, half and half or cream, and a little bit of oil and water.

You got passed over it seems. Dumpling Disaster is right above your thread.

Anyway, where is the egg ? Can't make dumplings without them.

The recipe in the end is simple. Take an egg and beat it in a bowl. Add flour until it gets thick. Dump off spoon into boiling water. Repeat until you have enough.

You can add spices, garlic powder and such, parsley is OK but too much wil make them green.

They are not done when they float, once they float give them a few minutes. In fact grab a bigun and taste it. Cut it so if it is not done you can throw it back.

GRRR, now i have to probably post my kash recipe...

T

You don't have to have egg in your dough for dumplings. You can use exactly what the OP used. With that said, I usually do use an egg simply because we prefer them with egg, but it's not a necessary ingredient.

duongz , how big are the dumplings and what are you cooking them in?

my dumplings is still raw on the inside even after cooking 40 min on high, they are made of flour, half and half or cream, and a little bit of oil and water.
Need more detail. What does high mean? Thickness of the dumpling mixture? Some answers are, you didn't cook them long enough. The dough was too wet with too much cream to the point that is just didn't evaporate out and appeared wet. Was the dumpling submerged into the liquid in the pot too much? Guessing here, but they should have been fine after 40 minutes or totally reduced to it's molecular components because anything in a pot for 40 minutes is a long time as far as a pastry component is concerned.

I do.

Anyway, where is the egg ? Can't make dumplings without them.

GRRR, now i have to probably post my kash recipe...

T
My post was in response to the bolded part of yours. Dumplings can be made without eggs, whether you can or not.

Back
Top Bottom