Chicken bouillon paste.

SGP1991

Local time
1:43 AM
Hi my mother gave me a tub of this and I was wondering what recipes I can use this for. Would I be able to use it as a coating on say chicken breast and cook it?

Hmm... I've not come across Chicken Bouillon paste in the UK. I've seen cubes, pots of concentrated stock and powders. The only reference I can find to paste is in very large catering packs (for use by restaurants). Would you mind mentioning which brand it is?

I'm pretty sure that the paste is going to be a concentrated form of bouillon so you need to be aware that its going to be strongly flavoured. I think you could use it to coat a chicken breast but I'd use it very sparingly. Do you intend to grill the chicken breast?

I have found soup bases that are similar to paste. I have chicken, beef, lobster, seafood. mushroom and pork. I find them to be much better than cubes or powder, taste wise.

I also keep a jar of Better Than Bouillon around, but to use it straight would not only have a very strong flavor, but be very salty as well. They're meant to be diluted.

I use mine a lot in place of salt, where a little hint of chicken stock wouldn't be out of place. I use it to salt pasta water, I put it in pan sauces, soups, even tomato sauce recipes.

Hmm... I've not come across Chicken Bouillon paste in the UK. I've seen cubes, pots of concentrated stock and powders. The only reference I can find to paste is in very large catering packs (for use by restaurants). Would you mind mentioning which brand it is?

I'm pretty sure that the paste is going to be a concentrated form of bouillon so you need to be aware that its going to be strongly flavoured. I think you could use it to coat a chicken breast but I'd use it very sparingly. Do you intend to grill the chicken breast?
It's by knorr, I found it on amazon UK. I was looking to coat chicken breast in it and place it on the optigrill.

It's by knorr, I found it on amazon UK. I was looking to coat chicken breast in it and place it on the optigrill.
Maybe you could thin it a little in some water, or mix it with bread crumbs?

Back
Top Bottom